Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Knee protection in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

davy_G

All, I have tried trousers with inserts, knee pads (£15) and when doing large floors I always got sore knees. It doesnt help Ive had cartlidge removed as a teenager and a knee reconstrustion done after a sporting injury 5 years ago. Anyhows, I bought Alpro Professional Knee Pads from tile trader, they arrived today. Ive a large floor to grout in the morning and they seemed real comfortable when i waddled round my kitchen. Has anyone else used them or had similar problems??

D

DHTiling

I use nailers gel knee pads..spot on and very comfy...only one strap on the back and doesnt cut into back of legs either....

D

davy_G

Cheers DH, I will let you all know in a few weeks how i get on with these. Fingers crossed!

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Snickers have just bought out floor layers trousers, they have kevlar knee patches and really big and comfy knee pad inserts. Ive used them on a couple of floors and they are very good. The pads are designed to spread the load around the whole knee area rather than just on the fronts and they do seem to work. Not cheap though, 50 quid for the trousers and about 17 for the pads.
Snickers Trousers 5223

Snickers Kneepads 9117

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

davy tried all sorts of knee pads over the years they all end up on my shins get mine in the states half the price one of the best i have found are called monsters but i have to cut the corners off with a sharp blade but the rest of guys dont they use them as they come £10 in the states about £20 here

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Home Tiler

another option Davy G....would be to buy some foam ...i have a block of it about (6inches deep - 3ft length- 8iches wide) ...still ware your knee pads!!:) just try and keep the block away from your addy..lol

steve

E

elliesdad224

helly hanson trousers all the time, having said that i had a new lad start on monday and had to get him some knee pads so i tried the gel type that dave describes, very good

Reply to Knee protection in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks