Kim

Currently reading:
Kim

Discuss Kim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kim

hi all

hope ur having a good evening and can spare 5 mins to help me please.

A friend (now ex) who ive known for years was supposed to be professional in kitchen fitting and tiling .(previous trades)....after putting up just the kitchen units.....and tiling n grouting the hall and kitchen.....which is level and is ok....he then laid less than a third of my lounge floor (22m2)

as my friend had just split up with his Mrs.....i also put him up and lent him some money for another job so he could get back on his feet.....

he then done a bunk....im 2k lighter.....nothing is finished.....the lounge....is uneven ....he has packed the tiles in places with card board....and also blobbed the tiles....as ive learnt that ur not supposed to do.....

the original floor is concrete and is even.....where he hasnt tiled

so what do i do now?

rip up the tiles he has laid......and see if i can get the floor back to how it was?

whats the best way and most cost effective as my budget has taken a massive dent.....so i will do as much as i can myself.....but i really want a good job done....so what kind of money am i looking at?

please help im stuck in ground hog day....as im lurching into nightmare after nightmare .....

K

kim

:Angel_anim: thats really nice that theres people out there who will help others....i think my faith needs restoring....as i'm not having a lot of luck just now.....my plans were to do the kitchen and tiling in may......but i went out for the first time in ages and some silly moo rushed past me stamping on my foot in the process breaking my foot in the process....and not even an apology.....i think i could turn this into a film....as the saga continued....my uncle then said famously" i can do that

so backed up by my mum.....ooohhh yeah hes really good.....

so off i go out.....i get a call....i need more adhesive.......

thats not possible say I

well it is if your using the grout.....2inches thick it is......

i managed to get all that off the floor......so 4 boxes of tiles 3 bags of grout later and im still back at tile one.......

go on u can all laugh......ive had to......if at least a grin or a chuckle then something good has come from it all :grin:
----
as soon as ur free is fine with me...the sooner ive an idea.....of what got to done the better ill feel....and i can make a plan...thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Kim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.