Search the forum,

Discuss KD washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

For those of you who are thinking of buying a cheap generic washboy, don't! I had a £40 er and it lasted about 6 weeks before the c**p rollers capsized etc (you couldn't apply too much pressure from day 1 as the rollers would just buckle ) The Karl Dahm rollers are far superior and having used mine for the first time today I was very impressed, you can really wring the water out of your sponge float.
Just thought I'd share this with you all and to say "don't go cheap"

D

DHTiling

It's the best washboy there is..........

Washboy

washboy2t.jpg

Made by 'Karl Dahm' Germany

If you have never used one of these, you are wasting hundreds of hours a year grouting the old fashioned way. This system has totally revolutionised grout finishing. First of all there is no more getting your hands wet and wrinkly wringing out sponges. Then there is the increased speed at which you work followed by the near perfect clean finish, even on quarry floor tiles. Not to mention the fullness of joint easily achieved. This system can pay for itself in the time saved over a couple of weeks and your customers will be impressed by the cleanness of your finish.There are plenty of washboys available but I have found this Karl Dahm washboy to be by far the best. With sealed ball bearing rollers that last for years and years and a really heavy duty galvanised metal grid to separate the sediment from the water.

If you wash the sponge out after use with clean water and store it without getting squashed when wet, it should be good for over 1000 square metres

weight 4.0 Kg

Supplied with 2 sponges on handles, metal grid and ball brearing sponge rollers

Price: £49.95 £57.44 Including VAT at 15%

washboy-inst.jpg

L

Leatherface

Good post Dave,
Have had my Karl Dahm washboy from Trade Tiler since I started 4 years ago, still going strong, well worth the extra pennies :yes:

D

david campbell

need to get one,prob order it with a few new trowels at the end of the month!

D

doug boardley

need to get one,prob order it with a few new trowels at the end of the month!
bit of a gulper at £63.18 DC, but well worth it imo, my cheapo was far quicker than the old spongebob way, but deffo wouldn't get another cheapo after KD

Reply to KD washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen