Search the forum,

Discuss Is biggest cutter best??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richiep

Hi all,

Just wondering what to spend my money on in relation to a tile cutter. Looking at the different manual cutters out there, is it worth getting the largest of all cutters to cover every job possible or to make do with a slightly smaller one? To be specific, Rubi cutter TX700n, TX900n or TX12oon? Are they all as good as each other?

What about electric cutters/wet cutters? When is it best to have one and what should i go for?

There's just so much choice out there.

Cheers, Rich

W

White Room

Again, depending on what tile sizes your cutting in the majority of time, I have 4 dry cutters of various sizes and just two wet cutters,a broccilino for ceramics and rubi nd200 the bench saw for tiles upto 600x600 or larger if needed

R

richiep

Why so many cutters whitebeam? Will one large cutter not do all the cuts on tiles that the others do?

When is the wet cutter used over the manual dry cutter?

W

White Room

I used a rubi ts40 for years as my only cutter, my mate was selling his ts60 which I bought because tiles were getting bigger. Then I bought a genises 420 for smaller diagnall cuts, then the tx700n for the 600 porcelain. Wet cutters are used for mainly natural stone or porcelain, the smaller brocilina is for cutting with ceramic. Why carry a great big cutter for very small tiles.

R

richiep

Good advice, could i get an honest opinion from you on which cutters to buy as i'm just starting out. Most have said Rubi, others say Montolit, i have gathered its personal choice, however, does it make a big difference? Also would you recommend buying a wet cutter? I've been looking at Rubi and Plasplugs? What you reckon?

M

mags

Depends how long you want ti to last and what you want to pay.

Ive got the Geneis super pro 600 which funnily enough is 600mm wide and I use rubi blades in it , where I trained used them and had them years and sti worked well. They are a fraction of the price of rubi so thats why i went for it.

Reply to Is biggest cutter best??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen