Currently reading:
In the pub last night

Discuss In the pub last night in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

The conversation got round to unsolicited phone calls and mail.

One guy said he responds to calls by asking them to wait while he fetches who they are asking for, or the home owner, and then simply leaves the phone off, going back periodically to check if they have given up and rung off.

Somebody else says that when he gets junk mail he takes the bumf from one company and puts it the prepaid envelope of the next company who sends him stuff and then just keeps repeating the process.

Just wondered how other people deal with all this stuff.

Lately we have been plagued with solar panel companies. I ask if they can fit to a thatched roof, that usually throws them.

D

Deleted member 9966

We're on TPS too, so I always tell any sales people that they're breaking the law by contacting me. They soon depart without saying goodbye.

But I had a great one the other day whilst at my parents. My parents were both busy (mum was feeding Jake, Dad was faffing doing something else) so I answered their home phone when it rang. The people at the end of the phone asked specifically for either Mr or Mrs <Surname> so I asked who was calling. This woman said she was from Ideal and asked again if Mr or Mrs was available. I asked her what the nature of her call was and she just repeated that she was calling to speak to Mr or Mrs. I asked her again what the call was regarding and she just hung up on me - how rude! At least have the decency to tell people why you're calling or be polite enough to say goodbye. Needless to say they were just praying on OAP's trying to sell them stuff.

D

Deleted member 9966

Oh and that reminds me! The landline rang on the Tuesday before I gave birth on the Thursday. I was having contractions every 12 minutes at that point, and I answered the phone, and some guy was ringing to sell something and I told him to get off the line as I was in labour and needed the phoneline free so I could make calls. He apologised and wished me luck with a speedy delivery!

Reply to In the pub last night in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.