Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss I hate black grout! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

spatech

:yikes:hate it filthy stuff should be band dont stay black anyways always charge more ,even better dont do it ,

H

heavytrevy

I got 10 meters to do in about a week,
Easy peasy ,trick is NOT to use a washboy.

When I was learning to tile I was started on the darkest grouts first.
Sure teaches ya how to wipe off properly.

I highley recommend it.

Nowadays I rarley have to dust off with a towel on floors.

Trev

p.s I'll post up some pics of the job next week :thumbsup:

T

TilePlonker

That job looks great. Nice job. :)

...and it could be worse....black EPOXY grout.:yikes:

W

woof

Wish I had read this thread a few weeks ago - looks so much nicer than my black grout/black tile combination.

BTW - mean the picture of the black wall with contrasting white grout ;)

I

i hate tiling

black grout is basically grey grout with a black die that will inevitably wash out leaving just grey or patchy grey grout.

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes in fact we even did the

SMALL MOSAICS

around the toilet with jet-black tiles and the cream (ivory) grout

toilet.jpg

As part of the first fix I had to route the soil stack at a bit of an awkward angle out the back of the loo. And at right angles on 90deg bends to meet the main stack.

I boxed the pipe in and was going to tile it with large format porcelain in cream but decided to go for the black contrast to highlight the white furniture. Even on the small brickbond tiles we went for ivory grout.

The result you can see for yourself...

S

Sean fsy

i know this might sound odd but im currently doing most of my wall jobs with bal grey wall grout, goes with every colour tile and makes all the detailing stand out. customers are a bit iffy at the mention but when the job is complete they just say wow thats superb, excellent idea, much better than just plain white or ivory.

Reply to I hate black grout! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks