Currently reading:
how busy are you?

Discuss how busy are you? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

Having built up client list over last 15 years, I'm very lucky to be constantly busy. Have 2 tilers doing contract work (booked up till March 2011) While I stick to private installations with latest apprentice (Booked up till Christmas) Having said that, a couple of very good tilers that i know are only getting 1 or 2 jobs a month. While the Main supplier i use has seen a 60% drop in business in the last 18 months!

I do think the business will take a hit when the new VAT rate kicks in, as most customers will want to pay cash to avoid this. Have already seen this with the 2011 quotes, and I'm pretty sure the non VAT guys out there will see a big pick-up in work. £200.00 for every £1000.00 spent looks a hell of a lot on paper to give to the vat-man!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
its been a tough year for me, didnt realy start to pick up till middle of march, then i was flat out till the begining of august then its like some one switched the light out.

ive picked up a bit of work in the last couple of days so ive got a couple of weeks infront of me with a few jobs in the pipe line.

seems to be the way it is this year flat out for 6/8 weeks then scratching arround for a couple of weeks.

M

Mike

wow, there's a big difference in people's fortunes! i guess the recession is hitting some but luckily not everyone. i'm lucky that i have a lot of domestic customers who trust me and ask me to get on with the job without asking for a price. the last 2 jobs i quoted for was a few weeks ago, i got 1 and never heard back off the other. tbh i didnt really want it so i added a bit on. good luck to everyone in these trying times:thumbsup:

S

Scott

its been a tough year for me, didnt realy start to pick up till middle of march, then i was flat out till the begining of august then its like some one switched the light out.

ive picked up a bit of work in the last couple of days so ive got a couple of weeks infront of me with a few jobs in the pipe line.

seems to be the way it is this year flat out for 6/8 weeks then scratching arround for a couple of weeks.

Should pick up again after the kids go back to school and all the hols are finished :thumbsup:

Reply to how busy are you? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.