Discuss Hi - Help Please with Limestone Paving in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mattyboys99

Good Morning, we have recently laid a limestone patio, upon laying the patio, mortar was spilt on the slabs to which I thought that the majority was cleaned off, however it would appear that some was left on and after a pressure wash its still there in the deep riven sections and on the edges.

Is there any cleaning products that can be used to remove this. I know acid based products cant be used as they damage the slabs.

Additionally once the slabs are cleaned, whats the best product to use to make the slabs ultra dark, almost wet look, and should they be sealed to stop water damage over time.

Kind Regards

D

DHTiling

Its black limestone in various sizes.

Oh Jeez... not the best of limestones to get cement on...

Ring LTP tech line as they will advise best regime to try and get them looking somewhere near..

ltp_banner_new.jpg

M

Mattyboys99

Cheers Dave,

I didnt ring LTP (didnt see your response if I'm honest) instead I bought a HG Natural Stone and Marble residue remover to which with plenty of elbow greece and a good scrubbing brush has almost removed the cement residue. Another couple of cleans and they should be good.

My question this time is, should i use the LTP Colour Intensifier and then mattsone sealer before grouting? I'd like to bring the colour back in the stone as after cleaning they have gone very slightly greyer to which I assume will happen over time due to weathering.

Kind Regards

Matt

T

Topshop

You might try a blue cleaner pad (if you can get them there) on a swing/mono machine(175 prm) to remove the residue.

Be sure to use a UV stable sealer iin an outdoor application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hi - Help Please with Limestone Paving in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks