Search the forum,

Discuss Good Choice?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

So Lads ,just Starting Tiling, Obviously Want To Produce Good Results But Dont Want To Rob A Bank To Pay For For Cutters,what Do You Think Of A Big Clinker And The Plasplugs Master Tiler To Start Off With,or Spend Abit More And Get The Rubi Ts50 Plus?
Welcome to the forums Chelsway, if I haven't done that previously. There are loads of threads regarding cutters and the like already and waiting, do a "search" in the box at the top and see what comes up. Opinion is obviously varied and divided, enjoy the read then make you mind up.:thumbsup:

Grumpy

P

Perry

A lot of new tilers go for the plasplug wet saws....as for your dry cutter you are better off buying a one that will last( no point buying cheap )
The rubi ts50+ comes in a 600 cutting length as well....you can buy one here...
http://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/Rubi-TS-Prof-Plus.html
Dave i didn't know that :stupid: i noticed that the pic showed it the same as TS60 but with the + breaker the + i had was different i sent it back it kept smashing the tiles did i have a bad one ?

D

DHTiling

Don,t know pete..the new rubi's are black and grey..rather than blue and red and come in red box,s and not the old green box....they have a better breaking mechanism and has ts+ printed on the plastic housing cap on the cutter...

rubi-ts-plus-thm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

you could also use a grinder to cut tiles m8,you can pick up the pro tiler plus in B&Q for 40 quid just now and as for dry cutters i use a genesis 600 with a rubi wheel in it which i bought from NETT.Also got a bosch grinder with diamond blade which i bought in Argos for 45 quid but only paid 15quid as i had vouchers from buying the kids xmas presents,lol.:lol: As Grumpy says have a look around the threads which will help you decide.

p.s.Welcome to the forums m8 and happy tiling.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
agree with most of above, plasplugs master tiler is a good wet cutter to start of with and is currently on sale in b&q at £80, but you might want to get a better blade you will finds links on the forum, ther is an 850 something or other blade about which most tilers fit to the master tiler. a good dry cutter is a must, rubi or sigma is the choice of the pros. i think my sigma will be tiling long after me lol:lol:

G

grumpygrouter

agree with most of above, plasplugs master tiler is a good wet cutter to start of with and is currently on sale in b&q at £80, but you might want to get a better blade you will finds links on the forum, ther is an 850 something or other blade about which most tilers fit to the master tiler. a good dry cutter is a must, rubi or sigma is the choice of the pros. i think my sigma will be tiling long after me lol:lol:
Don't forget Montolit!

Grumpy

B

BuyBrandTools

The Blade is the Marcrist CK-850 - http://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/Diamond_Blades_Marcrist_Rubi.html

The response we have had since weve been selling these blades has been phenomenal!

Neil

Reply to Good Choice?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.