Discuss Forgot to apply fibreglass tape to thermal construction floor boards in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

saf

Hi there

Im hoping somebody can help me out here,

I have just prepped a kitchen floor at my parents house but forgot to apply the fibreglass tape to thermal construction floor boards, is this going to be a problem?

The boards (warmup 6mm) have been stuck on with cement adhesive and iv laid out the underfloor heating and poured SLC over it ready for the tiler to come today, two hours ago it dawned on me i forgot to put the tape on even though i purchased a roll.

Is this going to cause major issues? the boards have a pretty good adhesion to the floor, which has a concrete base and then asphalt, over that i have the boards and SLC over that.

T

Time's Ran Out

Re: Forgot to apply fibreglass tape to thermal construction floor boar

What did your tiler say when he arrived today?

S

saf

Re: Forgot to apply fibreglass tape to thermal construction floor boar

i told him about the mistake and he said that everything over the boards is flexible so it 'should' be fine. Its a solid floor (6ft concrete covered in asphalt) underneath the thermal boards so there is no movements expected, and for any small contractions in the joints the adhesive would cover it. He has been tiling for 11 years, of which 6 were in Dubai on large construction projects.

He likened it to plasterboards skimmed without tape over the screws, if you hit it hard enough from the joist its attached to it will pop where the screw is, but by walking on the joist it wont.

Reply to Forgot to apply fibreglass tape to thermal construction floor boards in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks