Search the forum,

Discuss floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leeds tiler

hello a customer wants a kitchen floor tiling onto floor boards and does not want ditra mat putting down or anything else.. the floor is in good con flat and no bounce. am not too sure about tiling onto to floor boards.....all other floorboard jobs i have done has had a matting or no more ply put down ... what would be the best way to do it ie which flexi adhesive and grout plus would it be worth putting a primer down.. any help welcome​

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi leeds,mats such as ditra are not suitable to put down right on top of floorboards and are uneccessary

if there is no movement in the floorboards and they are sound then i would over board with a 6mm cement board and tile direct to this

regardless of what the customer is asking i do not advise you tile as they are asking..it has a high chance of failing and you will be the 1st one they call to fix it

tile with something like keraquik

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
to much movement on floorboards,they may not feel like they are moving,but something 5 or 6 inch wide,fasterned to joists,at the least 400mm centres,will move. if heights a problem,rip em up,strenthen joists and ply,then cement board or similer.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

hardie or no more ply !!
If she wants tile straight onto floorboard then tell her to dial 0800- dial a cowboy !! lol

D

DHTiling

hardie or no more ply !!
If she wants tile straight onto floorboard then tell her to dial 0800- dial a cowboy !! lol

I'm with Nick on this... tell her which way you want to do it and if she is till adamant that no prep is to be done then just tell her to phone handy andy in the free paper.. :)

Reply to floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen