Search the forum,

Discuss Fire Hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrfitzgerald

Hello all newbie with my first post so please bear with me and sorry if it's posted in wrong forum!

We are looking to install a hearth for a solid wood fuel burner in our conservatory. We are going to cut an area of the existing wooden flooring out (920mm x 920mm) and was looking at placing 4 No. granite slabs (460mm x 460mm x 50mm thick) on top of the existing concrete floor.

Does anyone know if these would need to be bedded onto the existing concrete floor or can they just sit directly on?

Also has anyone any idea where I could source these items (I've tried numerous internet searches but to no avail)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Speak to a granite quarry. Lafarge have one at mount sorrel but there may be one nearer. The slabs should be bedded onto a bed of 3 or 4:1 sand cement mortar so that they are stable and firm. Dont forget you need building regs approval to install a solid fuel stove these days.

Reply to Fire Hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.