Search the forum,

Discuss external tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grahamster

Got a phone call tonight ,customer wanting an outside area tiled 6-8 m2 onto a concrete slab.all he knows is he is wanting black tiles.having not done this before i said i would come round on sat morn to see him.But of the top of my head i reccomended porcelain tiles as i know they are frost resistant,but would you use bal flexi or bal rapid set and what grout would you use,or would you use another type of tile?Customer open to suggestions,hoping to give him some answers.............Cheers Graham

P

protilers

chances are it will end up being a tessalated quarry tile......prob 6"x 6" (150x150)
if its on concrete you can use any powdered adhesive, however my company only ever uses flexi adhesive.....the reason for this is it is much flexible...meaning i can buy a pallet and use it on every job, and costs only a little more than its non flexi equlivent......p.s always use rapid outside, that god damn leaflet distributer dont care you are half way through work......hes foreign......and on poxy wages and has been told to put it through every door......including yours...........stand gusrd over your work, when you work outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to external tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.