Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Expected life for a Rubi trowel? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Daz

I purchased a Rubi 10mm half round trowel from Tradetiler approximately 1 year ago. It now resembles a 5mm half round :mad2:.
I only use this trowel for floors (and not every floor that I do) but it seems to have worn out in only 12 months; Is this normal?
Can anyone recommend a trowel that may last longer please, because I'm very disappointed with this one?

Thanks in advance.

Image006.jpg Image007.jpg Image008.jpg Image009.jpg

H

hillhead

I notice the same too,even the rubi M14 paddles don't last long either!
on my square notch trowels when they wear down i grind out the notch with the grinder:smilewinkgrin:

H

hillhead

i don't even get 6 months usually,just demote them when wore i.e when the floor wears down make it a wall trowel:lol:

D

Daz

My square notches seem to last okay. I guess cement boards are less abrasive than screeds.

So 6 months life from a floor trowel, regardless of manufacturer, is normal?

H

hillhead

it all depends on substrates, i'v seen trowels going for 3 months before:incazzato:
If you clean and oil them regular,even every hour they won't rust so much.
I find the wall trowels go on for over a year or more easily.
I might even have 5 year old trowels:smilewinkgrin:

T

Time's Ran Out

Nowt lasts long these days - when I was a lad..............
Mind you I can see where yours has gone wrong - its been cleaned too much! I find if you just clean the teeth and leave the rest of the blade full of adhesive it lasts weeks.:lol:
I bet your still eating your bait off that bath board as well!.

D

DHTiling

They are steel and steel wears..?? especially on concrete floors..

12 months from a trowel that is used regular is bloody good going.

As mentioned above i regularly grind out the teeth on my trowels to get longer wear from them..:thumbsup:

Reply to Expected life for a Rubi trowel? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks