Currently reading:
Everbuild SBR Bond as primer

Discuss Everbuild SBR Bond as primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

janzbro

Hi, is this suitable to prime a bathroom plasterboard walls prior to tiling with 31 x 45 ceramic tiles.

I believe Dave first posted about this stuff

EVBSBR5L.jpg

Also do I paint / roller this on over a tanked shower area?

Cheers :8:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

You prime before you tank not afterwards....:thumbsup: ...

SBR primer from everbuild is fine for priming....

And is available from tradetiler at a good price..

SBR Bonding/Admix agent - (Everbuild)

sbr.jpg

(Do not be tempted to use cheaper PVA which moisture breaks down)

SBR Bond is a latex based - Highly suited for priming areas before tiling

Water resistant bonding/priming agent and admixture for use in areas subject to humidity, dampness and continuous water contact

Improves water resistance of cement mixtures by forming a reinforcing polymer that increases long term durability and flexibility of the mix on renderings and floor screeds adhesive etc.

Can be diluted up to 3:1 with water - follow instuction on bottle

Size: 5 litre

Price: £11.99 £13.79 Including VAT at 15%

Tradetiler Tilers Silicone and tools

J

janzbro

Found it at Joeseph Parr (Middlesbrough) for £10.95 or£12.59 Including VAT at 15% if anybody from the Teesside area is looking

Do I just paint / roller this on neat or does it need to be watered down

Would it be suitable for using as a primer before using Mapei Adesilex P9 Flexi Adhesive or would Mapei Primer G be better (same range) in a shower room onto plaster board fitting Ceramic tiles

D

Derwent999

:yikes:
Never did tiling before, just having a go mate.
Gave the bitumen a good neat coat of Bal SBR Bond, still a bit tacky, also were no bitumen on concrete also still tacky almost two days later, almost dry.

If I was to give Floor Vinyl Tiles, Concrete, Old Bitumen adhesive left over from removing tiles,two coats of SBR neat will it take the floor Tiles better.
Thanks Mate.
:8:

D

doug boardley

Gave the bitumen a good neat coat of Bal SBR Bond, still a bit tacky, also were no bitumen on concrete also still tacky almost two days later, almost dry.

If I was to give Floor Vinyl Tiles, Concrete, Old Bitumen adhesive left over from removing tiles,two coats of SBR neat will it take the floor Tiles better.
Thanks Mate.
:8:
where you wanting this post Derwent? it's in two threads now, I can delete one if you like:thumbsup:

Sorry to bring up an ancient thread! But I'm about to tile a bar concrete floor and don't know whether I need to prime it or not. I happen to have some Everbuild 503 SBR left from a garden paving project, so when i found this thread I thought it could be handy to know if this would work?

Do I need to prime bare concrete (rough finished, not machined, and never been tiled on before, it's been laid a year but only just getting round to tiling)

If so, do I need to use it neat, dilute it, make a slurry with cement? And how long will it take to dry?

Thanks!

Kevbos

Arms
London, UK

Thanks Mate.
T

Hey, tiling a painted wall in my living room. I’ve scrapped the paint off the best I can and scratched some lines into it before I prime it with SBR. Do I dilute the SBR before I prime the wall?
Really you need to get all paint off the walls for a job that any of us could even begin to say might last !unless you sticking paper Tiles to the primed paint surface . I know it's alot of work but some plaster or boards are not strong enough to hold certain weights of tiles !paint is never strong enough

Reply to Everbuild SBR Bond as primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.