Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Ever tiled a caravan ??? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
We've just been asked to tile the inside of a touring caravan. Its to tile the walls, which appear to be built with really thin plywood. Any ideas if this can be tiled and what adhesives i could use ???

thanks for any help.

OP
H

hillhead

never seen that done and wouldn't like to do it either! Imagine the shaking about too! Not good for grout and tiles.could be dangerous.maybe someone on here can help.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO!! - :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Safety issues gallore - tiles might be shaken off the wall when driving. They may come loose and fall off whilst someone is underneath them whilst enjoying a nice holiday and a glass of Glenfiddich - what a waste of Glenfiddich. Tile weight could seriously off balance the van. Walls probably wont take the weight. It will slow the car down with all that weight and I might be following it down the road :thumbsdown:

Tell them to get some nice novamura tile on a roll instead.....

Just my opinion though

OP
L

little eagle

thanks, i meant to say in my first post its a massive american caravan, so its still going to have a lot of movment but not as much as the smaller caravans would. they've had their floors all tiled with marble (i know you can strengthen the floors with plywood) thev'ye also had their shower area tiled (walls and floor with ceramics) which has apparently been fine for a few years now.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I've done one!
Many years ago for a 'Travelling' caravan - got paid ÂŁnotes - ie before coins.
Used black BAL FLEX https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ with mosaic tiles as a splashback to a luxury kitchen.
Only job I ever did where the customer did a runner.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

OP
M

mistral

We've just been asked to tile the inside of a touring caravan. Its to tile the walls, which appear to be built with really thin plywood. Any ideas if this can be tiled and what adhesives i could use ???

thanks for any help.

I've done a couple of portacabins, but caravans don't sound like something I'd want to do.

OP
D

dagger

i have never done a caravan but i have done a barge!

the only job in the world where you cant use a level!!!

OP
S

Steve Hix

I have successfully put tiles in a caravan. The trick is not to use tile cement and grout. I stuck the tiles with Silone sealant, and used white silicone instead of grout. No probs with vibration as the silicone absorbs it. Those who say it can't be done are wrong. I did it.

Reply to Ever tiled a caravan ??? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock