Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss dunlop flexible rapid set failures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Branty

hi fellow tilers i just want to know if any other tilers have had failures while using dunlop single part flexible rapid set (white)...i have been tiling for 23 yrs and have had a big failure on a job while using this....anyone else had any oproblems...cheers for reading...look forward to some feedback
Hi
I'm a product support technician from BAL.
Give me a bell, and I'll arrange to pay a visit, and get some of the adhesive tested.
I take it the job is in the south east.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cornish_crofter

Hi
Give me a bell, and I'll arrange to pay a visit, and get some of the adhesive tested.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Now THAT's what a good forum's about.

I would really like to hear the outcome of this.:yes::yes:

M

mart1

I'll bet you a pound now it's the underfloor heating ( and i do mean certain criteria wasn't followed ). this is a age old problem that will continue to happen and there is nothing that anyone can do to prove otherwise. only option is to lay blame with the fixing or adhesive because there aint owt else. It certainly is not a fixing problem and that is common sense to anyone surely.

D

Droopy

I use this quite a bit doing limestone and marble. Had a failure with it, did the job about 2 years ago onto existing ceramic tiles. Had to go back a few weeks ago to change a few of the porcelain I laid as they had smashed. Took up the tiles and the adhesive just crumbled in my hands, fell off of the back of the tiles and lifted straight off the floor. I sent samples away to BAL to be tested, but haven't heard back yet. If you get no joy with them go to Ceram research. There is an inherant problem in trying to mix white adhesive at the factory, lost count of times I had to throw not only bags but pallets away due to the mix being wrong and the stuff going off as fast as you could mix it.
What type of tile did you tile on top of?
Glazed ceramic, quarry, fully vit'...?

Reaction score
Hi

cheers branty m8 i will be in touch.......an fanx again to everyones input....i will let u all know outcome

O

Olz

Hi

Now thats what you call service..:thumbsup:

M

Marekcygan

Hi mate

I can not believe that much experienced tiler would do such an error.

Recently we used mapei super flexible .

This same story tiles just coming up , the adhesive after three days is still wet , we have used their adhesive in past and all was fine but this time it looks like they put their normal adhesive in super flexible pack or something like this but for sure it is adhesive fault, mayby bad proportion during manufacturing.

T

Tyson Tiling

floor is about 106m2......600x600 porcelain.......the client is a total mare so alot of cost will involve kitchen being taken out as he is not likely to allow me to chop back to kickboards..same goes for all skirtings/architraves....this is the whole of ground floor bar 3 rooms...i was trying to do the right thing by the actual builder who provides a good 60-70% of my work...all large prestigious luxury homes.....but now i have realised this could cost me my business i no longer see why i should take the blame.......if it is a fixing problem i will hold my hands up....but as never had this happend like this before i dont understand.

T

Tyson Tiling

What type of screed was used. I’ve seen this happen before with a pourable flo screed if the screed hasn’t been primed. I use bal primer on all floors now

Reply to dunlop flexible rapid set failures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks