Search the forum,

Discuss Drying rack idea needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Nope not for wooly jumpers - after just having soaked off sheets and sheets of vitrified glass mosaic tiles I am faced with this problem that is starting to bug me - again.

Heaps of wet glass, that needs drying, for just tiny ammounts I use a large plastic pasta strainer, and a towel at the bottom of a box, but not ideal with this heap. If you don't separate the glass to dry it can get a bit musty, and for iridescent tiles you done't want to shuffle them about too much either, they can scratch. So, I'm looking for some drying rack ideas, where they won't fall trough but canbe spread out and dry properly, and ideally which I could stack on top of each other to at least keep colour groups, if not individual colours together. There must be something out there, from a different trade or industry, sooo - anyone, any ideas? Please? :)

U

user123

Would something like this work? ROUND SHAPED NON STICK PIZZA CRISPER TRAY for OVEN 240° | eBay UK you'd just need to find a rack of some sort to put them on, something like 5 tier cakestand might work?

Not bad in priciple, Bri, thanks for the thought, just too small still, 33cm dia... I'd have to buy 50 of them things, could do with more holes, too, but yes, it's going in the right direction. Just now I looked at the wicker wash basket lid and actually used that for some of it, resting it over the sink ... but if I could have something I could have permanently in my workshop, that would be fab...

E

enduro

What about a Garden Sieve. Homebase sell them for about £6.00 Garden sieve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

When I worked at sainsburys, in the bakery they had big racks on wheels with about 10 sliding ventilated trays on, one of those would be ideal but I have no idea where you'd get one or how much, loads probably!

Yes, I thought of those, too, but they would be too big, fill quarter or so of my workshop.. just looking at cake racks I've come across cooling racks, some of which have a smaller 'weave', non-stick does not necessarily mean non-rusting though, would it, once they get scratched with the glass...

Reply to Drying rack idea needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.