Search the forum,

Discuss Does this outdoor screed spec sound okay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

itidiot

Looks like a good job :)

until it rains and stays down for a couple of years i wont know:thumbsup:

Just cant wait to tile it.... its gonna be freezing though at 1 week per 25mm just hope for an Indian summer. What do you guys recommend ardex x77 white? what primer?

The Curing under polythene is done according to the spec:8:

C

Concrete guy

What kind of drainage is there for the water to run into?

I'm sure there's something that's just hidden from view in the images posted.

D

DHTiling

Any expansion joints against that block wall.. :lol:

Looks like a tilers dream that screed...

B

bugs183

Hiya IT.
Fab looking screed there, i remember your earlier post, sounds like you've got the guys for the job this time :thumbsup:
After it's cured can you rig some kind of weather proof tent over it so when you come to tile it is kept out of the elements??? Rain and new laid adhesive/grout really isn't good.
Apart from that it'll be a great job.

I

itidiot

Hello mate, yeah got to admit really happy with the finish. probably too good to tile :)

Got a tarpaulin from toolstation so might rig that up - thanks for the advice.

Harriers are doing well this season :oops:

I

itidiot

What kind of drainage is there for the water to run into?

I'm sure there's something that's just hidden from view in the images posted.

a row of box drains under the door.. not ideal but best i could do. They are not mm perfect hence the guys wanting to walk off the job.. out by 3mm!!!. Think the contractors at ocscreeding.co.uk have got OCD!!

B

bugs183

Hey you saying it's too good to tile, you could get it stained and sealed, there are some amazing things that the concrete guys do, just google it, lot's of stuff being done in the States!
I don't mind the Kiddy Harriers comments, if i'm honest i can't stand football!!! ssshhhh tho :lipsrsealed:

Reply to Does this outdoor screed spec sound okay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen