Search the forum,

Discuss De-coupling Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

went to look at a job yesterday, its a floor in a house thats only about 6 years old, whycewood park in crewe, all over £700k, the tiles have all cracked in two straight lines from the patio doors, the cracks run through about 6 rows of tiles, I have said its movement from the house because the cracks are so straight, its about 60 mts in total and there are other tiles with smaller cracks in them dotted all over, going to recommend a de-coupling menbrane, anyone else got any thoughts on it? also are there any good deals on the membranes that you know of price wise

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

is there any heating pipes (large bore) below Dom, the reason I ask is because this happened to me a few months ago. Builders had put sodden wbp (22mm) down and I'd tiled floor a couple of months later, heating(not ufh) got cranked up and shrank the ply thus cracking the tiles:yikes:

D

diamondtiling

Hi Dave/Doug its a concrete screed, I worked on a few of these when they were built (not this one), as far as pipes are concerned i really dont know, they are beautiful houses but they were just thrown up, I have been on 14 remedials over the past 3 years, tiles falling off, leaks from bathrooms etc, The grout all seems in perfect condition, its just these two long lines of cracks, they look like they were put on with a ruler and pencil, they are that much in line,

:20::20:

D

DHTiling

Dom, as you know it's probably the screed curling from new and stress cracks on the tiles....but yes an isolation membrane would do away with the problem ..

Reply to De-coupling Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen