Discuss Dark circles from dot & dab on limestone floor in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Going through a major refurb on the house and recently had a 13mm limestone floor installed in the kitchen. After a couple of days, dark circles started appearing on the slabs which suggests that the tiler used dot & dab to install (see picture). Not sure what adhesive was used but will find out.

There's a wet underfloor heating system underneath so I'm already aware that using dot & dab reduces the effectiveness of this and generally is an inferior way of installing tiled flooring.

Believing it to be just a moisture issue, we've been using heaters and dehumidifiers to try to dry the stones out over the last few days but nothing seems to have changed. I'm now worried they are permanently stained and need to be ripped up and replaced.

Would welcome any thoughts from some experts on here. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-05 at 13.27.34.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Update:

Adhesive used is Topps Tiles rapid set flexible S1 adhesive in white. The adhesive thickness is c.15mm. The flooring underneath was latexed so was very flat already. Main contractor has said that adhesive was applied to both the floor and the back of the tile, then dot & dab was used between the two.

Some further photos attached

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 08.54.04.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 08.55.09.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 29
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 09.12.40.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 27

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not good at all, as said wrong way to lay any floor. I think you will have problems
in the future. Hope uv not parted with your cash yet..

Reply to Dark circles from dot & dab on limestone floor in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks