Search the forum,

Discuss Damp Issue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RDTiling

Hi all.

I went to look at tiling a bathroom the other night. The bathroom has been treated for dampness issues, they have had the DPM replaced and the walls were replastered about 4 weeks ago.

First thing I spotted was some black dots on the new plaster (pics attached)

The only times I've ever seen those are where there are damp issues. Anyone got any thoughts or am I on the wrong track?

I'm reluctant to just tile over them, given dampness was the reason it was ripped out in the first place!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 39

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Treated for damp..... Was it dried to remove the damp that was already there?? The dots don't look like mould but I am really not sure what they are. It might be mineral deposits as a result of efflorescence. I guess it could be a one coat plaster which will have larger mineral aggregates in which could come to the surface on finishing.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok damp cannot rise that high as gravity will not surport the weight of water at that hight so if its damp its coming in from an out side source and finding the weakest point to show its self .so only two options walls out side letting in water from over flowing guttering .or leak from flat above .if its building from bad venting on the inside it will only be on the surface not behind so scape back a couple o mm then damp test .

Reply to Damp Issue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen