Search the forum,

Discuss customers that get in the way ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

hi ! just wondering how you go about getting rid of customers that dont stop talking and get in the way when your tiling ? ive recently done a job where the customer stood not more than 6ft away from me from start to finish watching everything i done as well as asking a load of questions etc. most customers are fine with a quick cuppa and a 5 min chat but iam getting alot recently that wont go away :lol: i dont want to seem ignorent but need to no a nice way to do this without upsetting the customer :thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

I know it's irritating but on the other hand the better the customer knows you and understands what you're doing the more they will remember you and recommend you to others. It could be they might feel a bit nervous about having work done and are looking for piece of mind.

I haven't had the problem with the customer hanging around too much ( probably because I can outtalk most of them) but one way is to leave your kit lying around so they have to keep moving for you getting things. They'll start feeling they're in the way then.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd say "right, I'll get this wall done and then give you a shout again mate" and hint they need to let you get on with it. But DO shout them back and show them what you've done, what you're doing next, give them a chance to ask a few questions and say "right, so, I'll get this done and give you a shout again for another brew if that's okay" and do the same again.

I think you'd cover any nervous issues the customers has about the job/you/whatever and also have the customer referrals in the future still, and you'd get on with the job.

Wouldn't always work though.

C

Colour Republic

I haven't had the problem with the customer hanging around too much ( probably because I can outtalk most of them) but one way is to leave your kit lying around so they have to keep moving for you getting things. They'll start feeling they're in the way then.

I agree, the best form of defence is attack, as anybody that has read one of my long a**ed posts will testify

Reply to customers that get in the way ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.