Search the forum,

Discuss CSCS Cards for new start up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leeroberts636

Morning All

A quick question, I am aiming to start up my own business in September before I do that I am planning on how to hit the ground running and start getting business in asap

I am going to do all the usual (leaflet dropping, yell.com, google, local paper etc) is it a good idea to get a CSCS card or become a memeber of the TTA? Is there any other tiling body that's its worth being a member of? Are the check-a-trade companies worth sigining up to?

so many questions!!!

cheers lee

G

garretridge

i did the yell .com last year had one phone call cost me £450 waste of money the TTA you have to have accounts for two years and show work completed so not really something to worry about till you get asablished.the best advice i can give you is to get the van sign writting on and better to spend money on a good web site and business cards are a must. Go round all tile shops in your area and give them cards and build up a rapore with them its your best chance in the current climate!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

you only need a cscs card if you plan to do sitework

directories and find a tradesman sites are a waste of money

garretridge has given sound advice

get yourself seen in your local area

the best promoters of your business are your satisfied customers, its a slow process but a sure one

every successful business on here is run on reputation and thats where you need to be

P

Perfect Tiling

Lee...I started up for myself last year and found the best way of getting your name known was a van. Get it nicely signwritten...and park it up. I parked mine in B&Q, Asda and Tesco car parks...right outside the door, got my wife to collect me and drop me off at end of day to pick it up. Cost me nothing but fuel and I got a good few jobs. Like garretridge says...trawl the tile, business and DIY shops to put your name about. I also got my logo on my jackets...been stopped a few times when out shopping and ended up with a job. Good luck. :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Lee, Hi mate, all good advice above. I would recommend sticking with the best trade body for the tiling industry, imo (the tilers forums):thumbsup:

L

leeroberts636

Cheers Guys

Great advice, the van will have to wait for a bit :O( but I already have company name and design so will get uniforms emborided and some signs for my car as a starting point!

As I am rapidly learning it's not just about laying tiles

lol

cheers guys

thanks Lee

D

Danny@ Diamond

Hi Lee,

I understand that you are booked on with us to attend a 6 week tiling course in September this year.

If you would like to attend any of the business start up sessions that we run before then, please feel free to call Kerry at the centre on 0800 622 6924 to arrange suitable dates.

You seem pretty keen to have everything established before training and this will give you a real head start on things.

All the best :thumbsup:

T

TheWrightTiler

Lee...I started up for myself last year and found the best way of getting your name known was a van. Get it nicely signwritten...and park it up. I parked mine in B&Q, Asda and Tesco car parks...right outside the door, got my wife to collect me and drop me off at end of day to pick it up. Cost me nothing but fuel and I got a good few jobs. Like garretridge says...trawl the tile, business and DIY shops to put your name about. I also got my logo on my jackets...been stopped a few times when out shopping and ended up with a job. Good luck. :thumbsup:

try logo co for yer gear mate

Embroidered Polo Shirts, Polo Shirt Embroidery and Custom Embroidery Service, Custom Embroidered Clothing, embroidery services from leading north east, embroidery, logo on clothing, logo-co

ive just ordered the worker pack

5 polos
2 sweats
1 fleece
2 trousers

91 quid inc delivery

embroidery to front and screen print to rear

they will copy your logo if you send it to

cheers

andy

L

leeroberts636

Cheers Danny, I will certainly look into it but at the moment its work work work to get a financial buffer when I am on the course, cheers for the info and really looking forward to September 13th!!

and cheers Andy had a quick look, pretty good deal compared to what I have seen just got to design a logo now .......where's Rolf when you need him lol

cheers lee

Reply to CSCS Cards for new start up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen