Search the forum,

Discuss comprehensive chemical clean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RockCeramics

Not sure if i,ll get an answer here, but as they say you dont ask you dont get.
On previous work i have been able to do this line of work but not on this scale so very unsure if my quote would stand.
Got asked if i could give an estimate on a chemical clean once all contractors have completed works before hand over. I have approx 2000+ m/s of terrazzo flooring to strip and polish. These areas are in different areas and not a continuation (some areas will have to be done in sections per shift,so could end up with joins in polish.but hoping to get this ressurected.)
Due to the size woundering if the £m/s rate should drop.
So my question would be do i drop my rate or raise depending on meterage?
or do on a shift rate pattern?

P

Pebbs

Rock,
I saw this the other night but had to much on my mind to give a sensible answer. I pulled a recent similar project out and went through the figures. Heres my calculations.

To chemically strip, clean and re-polish, I would estimate 20-25m2 per shift, per man.
Take your day rate and divide by 20, (thats the m2 Id work it on) that gives you your base labour rate per m2. Add to this the cost of the materials/chemicals your going to be using. Dont forget if your going to be hiring plant you need to divide the weekly cost by 5. Then you need to add another 12%-15% on for your buffer. That should bring you out at your m2 rate. I am assuming these works are going to be carried out in normal working hours, if not then your out of hours work premiums need to be costed in. Also are they going to take a retention and discount? you need to make your allowances for this as well.

Feel free to pm me if you want and I'll run it through my quote system for you and send you an open costings sheet for you to have a look at.

Lynn

Reply to comprehensive chemical clean in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.