Discuss CLOSED NOW - Morning Thread (and General Daily Discussion - Certainly during COVID) in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating
5.00 star(s)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Dentist GIF
I’ve had a raging toothache on/off for the last couple of weeks. Last place I want to go is a bloody dentist. Might have too soon though.

numbing the pain with Vodka 🤨🤪👍
Good luck at the dentist col. 😂

hk940

Arms
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone hang tough. I am lucky in a way I retired about three years ago after almost 50yrs. in the tile business. This job takes a toll on the body. Two knee operations and sore back. My son ( 3rd generation) has been setting tile for several years. I am glad to be out now as the tiles are getting bigger and bigger ( his brother in law is working with 2'x4' tiles right now).
As I said I am retired but have been doing some work for friends, neighbors and a contractor who lives up the street from me. Stay safe.

Tapeit

-
Reaction score
Good morning in advance! Should be grouting a cloakroom loo tomorrow, but instead home schooling a 5 year old and writing an essay! Wish u all all the best and would like to show my appreciation for the knowledge shared and advice given on this site
check out our new tape for plaster beads while you have some free time, pm me for more details.

Attachments

• tape on wall.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
We got loads of snow last night but it's starting to go already 😟❄️🌨️

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning everyone

It is Friday and quite sunny today. Another day closer to normality we can only hope..

hk940

Arms
Reaction score
Morning all.
It's about 40 and real damp out. Forecast is a high of 59 on Sunday then rain snow thru Thurs.
The good thing is the snow dosen't last for more than a day or two.
Having lived in Northern New Jersey most of my life I don't miss the snow. One year we had 13 snowfalls in 13 weeks, between 12"-30" each. The 30" one left me with 6'-7' drifts in the drive and 4' on the roof.
I was shoveling the roof to prevent ice dams.
It got so bad I had to have my neighbor clear out some snow from the drive with his backhoe as I did not have any more room to put the snow. I had piles 8'-10' high.
Where I live now NC, USA when ever there is a forecast of snow the locals get real excited, they can't wait!
It was here that I fell first ever cleaning snow off the cars. It started ad rain then froze then snowed on top, making it real slick.
Since I am retired now every day feels like the weekend. I have a few bathrooms and a laundry room to do for a builder who lives and is building a new house less than a mile up the street from me it will be a nice commute.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning all - its snowing here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CLOSED NOW - Morning Thread (and General Daily Discussion - Certainly during COVID) in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks