Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning messy tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,

I know you are supposed to clean your tools as you go along and all that stuff, but in a rush before xmas in the snow I packed up a load of my tools and forgot to clean them i.e trowles and grout floats and bucket trowel...I know its stupid but is there a chemical or some way I can clean them without bashing the hell out of them with a hammer:hammer: or getting new ones?
Cheers.
Vin.

W

White Room

Don't use brick acid it pits the metal, I use a 4" sharp scraper if any builds up on the tools.

The grout floats will need chucking, using a hammer to clean the tools mmmmmmm, not a good idea:yikes:

D

dagger

Lithofin cement away........1 part water 1 part cement away....usually a litre of each!!

works a treat!

B

bluevin123

Yeah was waiting for you to pop up Sir Ramic, just typical of you saying that, my question was how can I clean them? I made it clear I was silly to forget, not as though im overly bothered, I could simply buy a new one, just thought there might be some way of cleaning them.
Vin

D

david campbell

there is a non corrosive cement remover but i dont what it called, try soaking them in vinegar for a week ive heard that works.
Lucius

can you still use the vinegar on chips after the week?:lol:

Reply to Cleaning messy tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen