Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Check insurance prices for me please? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

My renewal is due 1st December. Have just filled out the form and had a couple of call backs already! Will see what the prices are like and report back

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh is that one one of those types of setups?! - The Van Insurance and Car Insurance pages give you quotes online using proper comparison website style setup. I didn't realise they called you back. Perhaps worth noting then to make sure people have time to take the calls etc.

Thanks Geoff. :)

Q

Qwerty

Haha.....fed up already.....3 calls, two voicemails and an email. I only filled the form out a few minutes ago! Not heard of any of the 6 companies that said they would quote.

In fact even posting this was interrupted by one of them :mad::D

Screenshot_20161115-153537.png

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
pmsl

Well, at least they're efficient eh?! lol

What have the quotes been coming out like?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to have a word with them and let them know that we can't be having more than 3 people quoting.

Q

Qwerty

To be honest I haven't answered a single one! I thought the form would lead to a second page and then get quotes at the end! Sorry mate, would love to chat to them all but haven't the time

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I thought it was too. The quote engine for the car and van insurance uses the same kinda thing you were expecting, and is on compare the market etc. Mrs did a test quote and got HastingsDirect as the cheapest but 4 other options too. Got a neat email listing the 5 in total. No calls at all. Just the one email. And a reference number for each insurer.

She had the same price quote as with ComparetheMarket.com but with ours it was £50, with comparethemarket it was £200. So they're not always cheaper, sometimes the deal seems to be a better deal.

But I've emailed the guys and said we can't have half a dozen cold callers calling, we need one email with all the prices, if not an actual quote engine providing it in full.

I wouldn't mind somebody going through with it all though who has got to renew this month to see what the prices are. Just keep in mind that until I've got confirmation back off my guys, they're going to be rining you.

Reaction score
That's what I thought it was too. The quote engine for the car and van insurance uses the same kinda thing you were expecting, and is on compare the market etc. Mrs did a test quote and got HastingsDirect as the cheapest but 4 other options too. Got a neat email listing the 5 in total. No calls at all. Just the one email. And a reference number for each insurer.

She had the same price quote as with ComparetheMarket.com but with ours it was £50, with comparethemarket it was £200. So they're not always cheaper, sometimes the deal seems to be a better deal.

But I've emailed the guys and said we can't have half a dozen cold callers calling, we need one email with all the prices, if not an actual quote engine providing it in full.

I wouldn't mind somebody going through with it all though who has got to renew this month to see what the prices are. Just keep in mind that until I've got confirmation back off my guys, they're going to be rining you.

Hi dan I've just renewed my insurance through the link ,
Filled in the form 3 mins
Within 2 mins phone rang went through quote with them and the price they quoted was LESS THAN 50% of my renewal for the same liability etc infact the quote included up to £1000 of stock as standered which my old policy didn't ,it's placed with AXA so not a fly by night company.
The phone has rung twice more but I answered and told them I'd got sorted ,no problems thanks very much ,I think with these type of companies its if you don't answer they keep ringing ,once they know you've done the deed they leave you alone
So all in all it was well worth it and thanks for the link ,hope this report helps with your feedback requirements
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Check insurance prices for me please? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks