Search the forum,

Discuss Check A Trade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I'm sure this has been done and asked a fair few times, I am booked up and have no worries regarding work, pretty much all my work is recommendations which is great. But a wise man told me once to always advertise and push while you are busy. I have always remembered this and also tried to stick to it. I had a sit down with a rep from checkatrade yesterday, obviously he was trying to sell it but it did seem like a reasonable way to generate new leads from customers, especially as the future is going more and more online etc. I was wondering if anyone else uses them/ has used them. I am only after a trades perspective opinion really.
Cheers.

Q

Qwerty

At the moment I'm putting in crazy hours and also subbying out. See what time I wrote my last post! :eek::D
That is only short term until I take on extra hands! I am fortunate with the amount of enquiries coming in that I can cherry pick the jobs to suit me for profit, distance travelled, ease and satisfaction. Arrogant some may think, but a necessary short term sacrifice for long term gain.

Alot of people are happy to wait 6 months for me. Is it the area I live, my customer service or my work......I don't really know, but I do know of others that are in the same boat.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
my plastering mate tried check a trade he said 9 out of 10 are a waste of time andmoste are using it because they want it done yesterday and for nothing another way of driving prices down what happened to good old yellow pages
Called yell.com. my brother sign up for a year. Min amount to promote his web page. £800 a year. Put all his eggs in one basket and he's not had one job where they have said they found him from yell. It's all mine field.

S

Stocks Tiles

I'm on checkatrade and I have been for around 4 months now, I've already made back 10x more than the sign up and I have found some good companies to do regular business with. I start a 190m2 floor and 40m2 wall job on the 25th which is from checkatrade, a company that build huf houses so hopefully further work will follow!

Was a very good move to make in advertising for me :) I also get a call every 6-8 weeks from checkatrade asking how it's going and advising me on captions to add into my profile to appear on Google searches more. Also since joining my website traffic has increased and enquiries submitted from my website have increased a great deal, I assume this is from being found on Google more!

Reply to Check A Trade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays