Search the forum,

Discuss can anybody shine some laser or light on something for me? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I went for the Stanley Fatmax CLLI and I really can't fault it. Comes with a carry case to keep it all neat and tidy in the van.

Do any of you who have a floor laser level find it much help with setting out?

Bosch laser square is great for setting out but I always transfer the lines to the floor then use a chalk line.

M

mike1979

I had a bosch gtl3 floor square found it excellent and even better when I was doing swimming pools but some not nice person (watching my language before I get a red card ) stole it while I was tucking into a nice ham sandwich

S

SJPurdy

Always used the traditional level sets. but just before xmas I was subcontracting to a building firm.. the foreman was running in lines for the downlights to be put in through the ceiling with his laser level and pole..

all singing dancing things.. self leveling off a pole which when I stuck my 6ft level on it was reading 3-4" out.. :yikes:

SO .. after using it and playing around with how far we could reach with it, i thought id like one.
Ino alot of you use them, and some stayed with just levels & some use both.

what can you recommend in the price range of £90-200 inc pole..

+ I shall be putting your recommendations to TradeTiler :thumbsup:

Whenever ceiling fitters etc have demonstrated there cheap self levelling lasers to me; and I have checked them, it is the laser that is out - by several mm over a ~6m wall.
Just checking in a eg screwfix catalogue non of them have a declared accuracy that I think is suitable for tiling, well not until u spend several £100 for a rotating one.

Reaction score
Whenever ceiling fitters etc have demonstrated there cheap self levelling lasers to me; and I have checked them, it is the laser that is out - by several mm over a ~6m wall.
Just checking in a eg screwfix catalogue non of them have a declared accuracy that I think is suitable for tiling, well not until u spend several £100 for a rotating one.

Several of the lads on here have and use ones which aren't to expensive.

And they are mostly accurate within 0.5mm

J

jonnyc

Just had my spectra precsion accusquare stolen which ive had for ten years plus so could not resist this plsft90 from tradetiler. great tool and very robust

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 170
O

Old Mod

Just had my spectra precsion accusquare stolen which ive had for ten years plus so could not resist this plsft90 from tradetiler. great tool and very robust
SNAP!! I just got one of those too! Wicked piece of kit for money.

Reply to can anybody shine some laser or light on something for me? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen