Search the forum,

Discuss building up to approx 10mm in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SP Tiling Plc

can you help a customer ive been to do an estimate for has quarry tiles down (red about 150x150) doesnt want me to take them up, but has had the kitchen extended by1.33mtrs. right the 1.33mtrs is what she has asked me to build up to make it all level.sounds ok but ha, ws going to latex rest of floor but any different suggestions do you have to build the rest up to 10mm?? thought about sand cement mix but what make nd what mix?? also any prices as estimate going in today. cheers fellas........steve......:confused:
----
ive leveld floors but not had to build up that much in one go.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

versatilene

You can get construction board thats 10mm, Marmox for one but I'm sure others do that size.

Y

Yorkie

Steve,
You can use a backerboard ,pourable adhesive, pourable with admix if laying ply onto the top (if more than10ml )and a few others besides.Just make sure that the quarry tiles are cleaned,and degreased no wax residue espesially if polished as this can break the bond(a good alkaline cleaner will do the trick)

D

DHTiling

ardex k15 floor leveller will cope with that thickness no probs....backer boards will be good as well..........dave..

NickH

TF
Reaction score
You can mix self leveller with sharp sand to get more thickness but you end up using loads of the stuff when you put it down thick, I reckon you would be better to lay down some sort of backer board first then compound over the lot to get it nice and flat.

D

DHTiling

ardex k15 will go beyond 10mm with no chippings so 10mm will be no probs.......dave..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Level Over:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
lev-conc.jpg

Concrete
[/FONT]

lev-cera.jpg

Ceramic
[/FONT]

lev-wood.jpg

Wood
[/FONT]
lev-adhe.jpg

Cutback adhesive residue and more!
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Portland cement-based, high-strength, fast-setting, non-shrink underlayment. M[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ix with water, pour or pump, spread, ready![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product Capabilities:
For use over concrete, metal, terrazzo, ceramic tile, wood and old flooring adhesive residue (including cutback), on above or below grade.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pourable or pumpable. Installs from featheredge to 1 1/2" in one operation; up to 5" with the addition of proper aggregate. Designed specifically for fast leveling of floors, ARDEX K 15 provides a durable, flat and smooth floor surface with minimum labor and installation time.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ARDEX K 15 hardens quickly by hydration and drying. It will not shrink, crack or spall, even when applied in thick layers. Floor coverings can be installed just 16 hours later.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ARDEX K 15 is recommended and specified by most flooring manufacturers, architects, and contractors.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
4100 psi.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Benefits:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Portland cement-based[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Installs up to 5" thick [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Designed specifically for fast leveling of floors [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use to level and smooth interior concrete, terrazzo, quarry and ceramic tile, cutback adhesive residue, wood, and metal [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Walk on in 2-3 hours [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Install floor covering after 16 hours[/FONT]

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Dave, that looks like good stuff, is it nice to use and what sort of price is it ?
I've done a few floors recently where i had to build up a lot into the corners, one was an old scullery and it dropped about 50mm, I reckon that stuff would have been perfect.

D

DHTiling

I get it for about £23 a bag but depends on your retailer though.....dave...

but it is great gear..........

Reaction score
Ardex k15 is the dogs danglies when it comes to levelling, especially for large variations..you can go upto 50mm..if you floor goes from 1mm to 50mm it will all go off at the same time..Mark.

Reply to building up to approx 10mm in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen