Search the forum,

Discuss builders moaning about my prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tilestiles

Stick to your guns mate. Just seen a guy on ebay advertising at £12 per sq metre!! Must be either very quick or crap!! - Lol

C

CBTC

The agent is trying to take advantage of your age and being rude as well - semi skilled :speechless: . Can judge pretty much at what you are having to fix and areas for that type of job, and the price at least allows you to get stuck in and earn a bit. Time is their killer; if you are consistant, getting the work done on or ahead of sched and it looks good then they do know they are getting their moneys worth. At 20 yo this work is good bread and butter which you have the energy to get through quicky given the chance - its just what the contractor needs - recognise your worth. Make sure if you are held up there is non productive time rate paid per hr and that snagging / remedials of their causing is on a proper dayrate basis, not tagged onto the job as a 'favour'.
Colin

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were me I'd say keep on about dropping the price and I'll forget we had the conversation and stick my bill in for the original £20/m2.

M

MICK the Tiler

Here we ****ing go I thought this would happen these guys always try it on but age has nothing to do with it. Even us older experienced guys have this trouble when a builder or company give you alot of work they think they own you.

The best thing you can do is find another contract as soon as possible at your 20 quid If your happy with that and give it priorety then let the previous contractor come to you and chase you up don't sit idle wishing and hopeing just get on with moving on they are trying to give you a big hint and it's up to you to never second guess your own ability and earning capacity they are trying to put doubt in your head to win a mind game with you and the best thing is to ignore the mindgame **** and move on to greener pastures, but don't let on to them of your intentions.

P

Pawelzik

...so far i have been paid £18m2...he did say your charging alot of money considering your only 20 yr old and also tiling is also a semi skilled job...

I agree with the others: 18 pounds ist approx 22,79 Euro per today (28.4.08), that is a minimum "normal" payment for tile works in a car shop, also here "on the continent", Martin

C

CBTC

plus - is the price the agents call anyway - wasnt him who signed off on your contract was it?
Colin

L

LM Ceramics

thanks guys for your tips much appreciated enduro ive already been paid for half of the site i handed my second invoice in today (sorry i forgot to mention it)

Reply to builders moaning about my prices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen