Discuss Average Earnings & 5 Day Course? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Shuntstick

regards the 5day course I would go with NETT training, so intenise but better tan any 4 week training course.

Is it possible you could give me your reason for the above.
I have been looking at the courses available and trying to work out one that would suit me. I have been looking at and swaying towards PTS Harlow or MT Hainualt, both being 4 or 8 weeks respectively. So could you elaborate on why NETT 5day course you feel is better than a 4 week.

Also, is the NETT course near to South Sheilds ?
----
forget the SSheilds question, just found the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shuntstick

Yeah, read all the posts.
Okay, now I can't make my mind up and confused lol.

Can anyone in the know tell me what would be best. 4 days with NETT or 4 weeks with PTS.
I live in Essex and Harlow is only a 20min drive from me, also I have a lot of family in Sth Shields & Boldon and know the area well so it's not a problem for me spending a week or more up on Sth Tyneside.
The NETT course is by far and away the more cost effective and from reading the posts obviously excellent and considering what I was prepared to pay for the PTS 4 week course I would cover tool costs and maybe have a couple of bob towards a 2nd hand van!
There must be pluses and minuses for each of the courses simply from the fact one is 4 day the other 4 weeks.
Has anyone done on both? before I get calling NETT next week.
Thanks.

F

Fekin

Earnings can be anywhere between £0 if the phone never rings, or anywhere a million if you like charge £5000 psqm and can find customers willing to pay for it.

Frankly questions like this are rather like... how longs a piece of string really.
----
Course length wise has a lot to do about the person doing the course, as some can do a 5 day or even 4 day course and come out, do a few jobs for family and friends, join a forum such as this which is a goldmine of infomation and happily start tiling for paying customers.

Other people find they need a longer course to absorb the infomation and gain the skills, everyones different.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CLAYS TILES

Earnings can be anywhere between £0 if the phone never rings, or anywhere a million if you like charge £5000 psqm and can find customers willing to pay for it.

Frankly questions like this are rather like... how longs a piece of string really.
----
Course length wise has a lot to do about the person doing the course, as some can do a 5 day or even 4 day course and come out, do a few jobs for family and friends, join a forum such as this which is a goldmine of infomation and happily start tiling for paying customers.

Other people find they need a longer course to absorb the infomation and gain the skills, everyones different.

fekin= the answer your looking for is.......TWICE THE LENGTH OF THE MIDDLE....:teeth_smile:

F

felix

I've been on the go for three months now and it is hard work. I am now making about 2000 a month which is less than what I was on before I started but being your own boss more than makes up for it.

Marketing yourself is vital. Take pictures of your work and get testimonials from your customers. Also get them to go into the tile shop they bought their tiles from and tell the shop how happy they were with your work. The retailer will be happier to recommend you if they know what you are like.

The faster I have got the better I have got but it takes time. Be prepared to fret about work. At the most I only ever seem to get work booked up 3 weeks in advance and I still panic about what happens beyond that.

I use rated tradesmen a bit as well. A lot of people don't like it and it is expensive but I do get work from it, and at the moment I can't be choosy

D

DHTiling

Put some of your pics in the gallery felix mate..loads from other members in there already...........dave..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been on the go for three months now and it is hard work. I am now making about 2000 a month which is less than what I was on before I started but being your own boss more than makes up for it.

Marketing yourself is vital. Take pictures of your work and get testimonials from your customers. Also get them to go into the tile shop they bought their tiles from and tell the shop how happy they were with your work. The retailer will be happier to recommend you if they know what you are like.

The faster I have got the better I have got but it takes time. Be prepared to fret about work. At the most I only ever seem to get work booked up 3 weeks in advance and I still panic about what happens beyond that.

I use rated tradesmen a bit as well. A lot of people don't like it and it is expensive but I do get work from it, and at the moment I can't be choosy

Have you got listing on findtrustedtradesmen.co.uk? If so, what is it? I'll try and optimise it a little for you.

Y

yrag1964

Just over a year ago I was an IT manager went on Darrens course at NETT, 4 weeks later I started my own business and have never looked back, I was lucky not many tilers in my area so I am making the top end of the market money wise, have to work for it though!!
Definately recommend NETT walked out of there confident I could go into someones house and do a pro job. definately worth the money,I think courses which are any longer are wasting you money which you could be spending on tools! I did the natuaral stone course aswell, I now have a contract with a fired earth franchise, some of the tiles I put on for them are over £550 psm. made nearly 2 grand in one week laying stone, good to be into

OH did i mention how good the NETT course was!

if Darren is reading this it is Gary from Northallerton

Reply to Average Earnings & 5 Day Course? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks