Search the forum,

Discuss Ats Diamond Core Drills in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Recently I stocked up on a selection of the core drills and in the past I havet had issue. The latest batch and in particular the 20mm one have been less than useless. They just skid on the tile, other sizes seem fine....I tried it on a standard ceramic 150mm white and got no where at all. I havent tried them all but I feel quality has dropped ! I also used 2 cores (30mm ish) up for one hole...albeit on a porcelain tile where as a used core from same company has drilled many holes and is still going.
Anyone else having issues ?

G

Gazzer

Keep forgetting to contact them and as yet cant remember the correct size...think it was 20 or 22 mm. Strange that 16mm and 18mm and 30mm have no problems. If it was one core then I wouldnt be so bothered but I tried 2 brand new ones of the same size so I am thinking its a quality issue on that size.
Also as you, I use nothing else and havent for the past 3 or more years !

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nope they are the best bits I've ever had, never had trouble with any sizes

C

Concrete guy

We get the odd dud ones every now and again Neale. Sometimes a dud batch, they all look fine but it only becomes apparent when you try to use them. Also we only know there's a problem if users tell us..

Let us know which ones failed and we'll open another batch, send them out and see if that solves it.

The factory we use for these bits moved premises about three months ago and seemed to throw a bit of a spanner in their quality control for a short period.

C

Concrete guy

I got 2 last week, never used them before. Must say I am impressed, I'm converted

These are a product designed for stone that it's been discovered work reasonably well in Porcelain. The small sizes can be a little hit and miss in porcelain, 6mm and 8mm in particular and seem to be quite tile/operator dependent. The medium and larger sizes are quite reliable.

J

J Sid

These are a product designed for stone that it's been discovered work reasonably well in Porcelain. The small sizes can be a little hit and miss in porcelain, 6mm and 8mm in particular and seem to be quite tile/operator dependent. The medium and larger sizes are quite reliable.
Don't need the small one's, ;) leave that size to the bathroom fitters, I just need pipe sizes.

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah we use the M14 grinder hole cutters on stone and porcelain and have to say they are mustard!! So quick and easy to use.
I bought 5 cheap £20 variable speed grinders from Lidl a few months ago and have a different size hole core on each one and that saves so much time as well. Just get it from the van, cut the hole and put it away! Top tip

Reply to Ats Diamond Core Drills in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen