Search the forum,

Discuss Angle Grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alib103

Been reading a lot of posts recently with guys recommending angle grinders. I've had my eyes on the one in CTD and just wondered if it had many uses. I'm used to cutting porcelain with my wet cutter and nibbling out the rest which takes a little while but i can get a decent result. Are the angle grinders easy to use, do they do a good job? What else can i use them for? The CTD one looks a bargain so i might snap one up.

F

frogeye

...... I use grinder a lot especially for travi and slate much quicker than wet

I found the exact opposite. Most of the slate I was using was too thick for my little plasplugs (one down from the expensive(ish) one) I was using Cutting with the angle grinder was real pain and very dusty - out comes the respirator - but when I started using the slightly thinner stuff and the wet cutter was bought into use - joy of joys - rapid clean cuts - apart from the 6" streak up my tee shirt front.

Mind you I was only using stone cutters supplied so I will accept the points about a proper blade being important.

frogeye

splash out and get a cordless grinder, i had a hitachi cordless grinder untill some tea leaf lifted it a couple of week ago! worth its weight in gold, comfortable & easy to use, i replaced it with the dewalt one but im not kean, its not as comfy to use and its not got a li-ion battery so dosnt last aslong. iI still have a 110v grinder tho for porcelain n a wetcutter but thats covered in dust in the garage, and i agree with dave dont buy budget blades get the marcarist one www.Tradetiler.com sell them at fair prices, On that has anybody tried the rubi grinder wheels??

R

rob

Angle grinder is all I use now. used to use a wet saw, but find that a good quality angle grinder and blade makes a faster and neater job. I even cut pipe holes out with mine, and do all my tile mitres with it. No need for water, or bulky wet cutter and does a great job. Just takes a while to get used to using it. Saves having to use nippers a lot as well. It is one of me best tools. I got a good quality Makita one :thumbsup:

Reply to Angle Grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.