Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Am off outta town in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I hate working away so not looking forward to ,working in Yorkshire this week on a pub refit,100m2 black metros 34m2 of slate and 18m2 of geometric tiles ,couldn't think of any worse tiles to be doing on a re-fit.

J

J Sid

Don't no what is worse, the tiles you have to lay or them funny talking folk up north. Sofahide.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
Not wrong with Yorkshire mate, which part? Hate doing metros at best of times but miles worse on commercial when there's plenty of metres to do.

T

Time's Ran Out

Now I suppose you may find it odd but I'd look forward to doing all that and I'd take the wife so she could do a bit of shopping.
The pub refit part is a bit of concern because they'll be laying the carpets as your putting the hard stand down!
You have to enjoy the job to get the rewards and it's not all monetary .

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not wrong with Yorkshire mate, which part? Hate doing metros at best of times but miles worse on commercial when there's plenty of metres to do.

mirfield mate ,not that far but gotta be done by the end of the week ,couple of us doin it though.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Gods own my son, wonderful place Yorkshire!!!

An American photographer on holiday was inside a church in Oldham taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '£10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for £10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Manchester... There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Oldham and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for £10,000 he could talk to God.

'O.K., thank you,' said the American.

He then travelled to Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Rochdale and Littleborough. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same '£10,000 per call' sign under it. The American, upon leaving Lancashire decided to travel to Yorkshire to see if Yorkshiremen had the same phone.

He arrived in Leeds, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '50 pence per call.'

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. 'Father, I've travelled all over Lancashire and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to heaven, but in Lancashire the price was £10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Yorkshire now, son. It's a local call.'​

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Gods own my son, wonderful place Yorkshire!!!

An American photographer on holiday was inside a church in Oldham taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '£10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for £10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Manchester... There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Oldham and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for £10,000 he could talk to God.

'O.K., thank you,' said the American.

He then travelled to Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Rochdale and Littleborough. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same '£10,000 per call' sign under it. The American, upon leaving Lancashire decided to travel to Yorkshire to see if Yorkshiremen had the same phone.

He arrived in Leeds, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '50 pence per call.'

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. 'Father, I've travelled all over Lancashire and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to heaven, but in Lancashire the price was £10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Yorkshire now, son. It's a local call.'

Nice one John, I lived in saddleworth for thirty years part of the west ridings of Yorkshire.​

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Phil Hobson;715290[COLOR=#333333 said:
Nice one John, I lived in saddleworth for thirty years part of the west ridings of Yorkshire.​

[/COLOR]

Bit bleak in winter up there Phil !!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't no what is worse, the tiles you have to lay or them funny talking folk up north. Sofahide. 

It's only a storm you soft Southern @$*&^.

Up here in Yorkshire we put our washing out to dry in weather like that.

S

steve187

used to live and work in the mirfield area, the railway is a good pub, if your in there and you hear a loud cockney accent, then its my old mate martin, who live and works in the 'city' centre. and dont forget to try the yorkshire fish cakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

afright

TF
Reaction score
I hate working away so not looking forward to ,working in Yorkshire this week on a pub refit,100m2 black metros 34m2 of slate and 18m2 of geometric tiles ,couldn't think of any worse tiles to be doing on a re-fit.
Done plenty of pub refits for the last 14 years love them,plenty of geometric keeps your brain active,not doing any at the moment do miss it.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Bit bleak in winter up there Phil !!

Aye John, were men are men, and sheep are nervous, I remember asking an old farmer on the pennines "are you shearing that sheep?" he replied "no bugger off get your own" I'll get me coat.:lol:

Reply to Am off outta town in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks