Search the forum,

Discuss Advice neded in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ISENSE

Hi,

Newbie question. I've just had a shower room re-tiled and converted to a wetroom. They have had 3 attempts to get the drain right. The way they have left it now is that there is a drain under the wood floor. Then there is wood, a waterproof membrane and tiles above the drain with just a hole for the water - no pipework - just a decorative grill on top. This hole is sealed with silicon which is already starting to peal.

I'm no expert but this seems wrong to me. I'd appreciate any advice. Should I be insisting on some minimum specification or this this standard practice?

Thanks in advance

Martyn

G

GazTech

Hi,

Newbie question. I've just had a shower room re-tiled and converted to a wetroom. They have had 3 attempts to get the drain right. The way they have left it now is that there is a drain under the wood floor. Then there is wood, a waterproof membrane and tiles above the drain with just a hole for the water - no pipework - just a decorative grill on top. This hole is sealed with silicon which is already starting to peal.

I'm no expert but this seems wrong to me. I'd appreciate any advice. Should I be insisting on some minimum specification or this this standard practice?

Thanks in advance

Martyn
Tony wetdecs is an expert here, he will respond when on line Martyn......Gaz
http://www.tilersforums.com/clicks/click.php?id=50

I

ISENSE

Thank you people on this forum for your replies and PMs.

My builder had 3 attempts to fit a drain. Each one was improvised and did not use a purpose designed drain fitting. Luckily I had retained £2k of his bill. With the information from this forum I was able to research a suitable fitting and insist that he fit something similar.

This has now been done and the wet room works and looks great.

Thanks again for all your help

Reply to Advice neded in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.