Search the forum,

Discuss advertising(business cards on window) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

graham31

Was out at Ikea at the weekend and when i came out their was a business card stuck down the weather strip of ma drivers door

TILING,PLASTERING AND GENERAL PLUMBING MAINTANANCE

Their was 1 on every car,now considering how big the car park is their was alot of cards on cars obviously people hadn't been out to see them yet.

But on driving i noticed alot of cards were i had left mine ON THE GROUND.

Now this person may or may not get some business but atleast this person was willing to put the effort in.But i can't help thinking that it was a bit of a waste considering how many cards i seen left on the ground.

He may well get a phone call from the manager asking him to clean up his mess

D

Dave Ramsden

Yeah Im really gonna ring a guy who has to tout for work so bad, especially someone who indirectly litters this beautiful planet :p

G

grumpygrouter

It wasn't the guy touting for work that littered the place...it was the inconsiderate people who can't be bothered to throw the cards in the bin that is at fault, not him. Having put the cards securely in the door seal ensuring they would be seen, he had made an effort to see that they didn't fall off or blow away.........

This is one of the biggest problems with this country....the general population have little respect for it. Littering is a huge menace in this country and it is down to the people that live in it......time we started to respect what we have methinks!!!

Rant over...sorry!!!!

D

davy583

have a look at vista print lads and lasses. i think you can get 250 cards for £12. not a bad price for that many cards. i wouldent be putting them on peoples car though

D

Derry

while most people chuck them away it does work for others and he would probably get some business out of it.
Also, it wouldnt take long to wizz round the carpark so he's not really using too much time or money.
if you dont speculate you dont acumulate!!

S

smurf21

Dont Knock a guy for trying to drum up some buisiness theres hard times out there people get it wherever you can if he only gets one job out of it it more than likely will cover the time and effort and printing and one good job leads to referals. and as far as littering goes as grumpy said he didnt drop them. so next someone leaves a flyer or card on your car read it if it doesent interest you dispose of it in a bin or keep it for future use. dont tell everyone you threw it on the floor and then laugh at the guy for littering.:thumbsdown:

D

david campbell

personally i think the guy would be better of putting them through doors,where people have a chance of picking them up and putting them in a drawer for later use,instead of leaving himself open to complaints of littering and the money wasted on them being accidently ruined by the good old scottish weather!

L

LM Ceramics

you cant blame the guy for trying ive recentley done aload of leaflet drops as my work has rapidly gone short i was busy last month and meant to be this month 2 cancellations so i went out delivered leaflets and rung around personally i wouldnt go round the car parks but everythings is worth ago good luck to him

Reply to advertising(business cards on window) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen