Search the forum,

Discuss 900x600 20mm Porcelain on a terrace 130mts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Wanting to get best prep on a block and beam floor fibre reinforced screed. I have tiled outside before matting etc was ever used. What I normally do is prime, anti fracture tile? On balconys where there is bitumen I would use the floating system (cant think of the name) water runs out from beneath Lol. Senile I think ? Ready for abuse, but think this should be explained properly to all as a lot of floors are continuing outside. Did a pool surround 12 years ago direct onto concrete still fine, just needed a clean.

L

LM

This could make for some interesting points of view. I’d be thinking Ditra drain 8 or stilts perhaps but I’d like to hear what views come with this question also.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Lee. I put this up deliberately to see what others are doing. I know what Ive been doing is not 100%. But no failures yet. I think sometimes people are afraid to say what their doing incase they get slaughtered on here Lol

F

Flintstone

Nobody is gonna learn unless they ask, and unless things are discussed, people shouldn’t feel worried to post!! I’m no expert on tiling outdoors but I did tile a roof terrace last year or the year before, with porcelain, Tilemaster specd to tile with ultimate and make sure there’s a solid bed, it was slopped.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sometimes as you know, if you add all the matting prep etc instead of ££ per mt you get £££££££ Clients think your taking the mick!!! They cant comprehend thats the right way but it costs.

D

Dumbo

If he's an engineer i am surprised he hasn't researched it and is telling how he wants it down and also supplying you with a drawing

Reply to 900x600 20mm Porcelain on a terrace 130mts in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen