Search the forum,

Discuss 53 sq m travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Ply the floor, heating element, self leveling then tile. No ditra (all flex addy and grout).:thumbsup:
Braver man than me, Trev. I would definitely have put down a decoupling mat personally. Lot of floor there to fix if it goes wrong. Hope it stays ok for you.:thumbsup:

T

trev

Braver man than me, Trev. I would definitely have put down a decoupling mat personally. Lot of floor there to fix if it goes wrong. Hope it stays ok for you.:thumbsup:

Sorry, i should explain that was the total sqm area wall & floor. Kitchen floor 22sqm shower room floor 7sqm walls blah blah etc etc you get the picture. And your right grumpy, decuopling mat would be the way to go. What about an expansion joint? maybe every 10sqm or so? would that work?:thumbsup:

G

GazTech

Sorry, i should explain that was the total sqm area wall & floor. Kitchen floor 22sqm shower room floor 7sqm walls blah blah etc etc you get the picture. And your right grumpy, de-coupling mat would be the way to go. What about an expansion joint? maybe every 10sqm or so? would that work?:thumbsup:
Are expansion joints required with de-coupling membranes ??

W

White Room

If there is an expansion joint in the floor (screed/concrete) to follow thru to the tiles

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Are expansion joints required with de-coupling membranes ??

Yes!!..

On certain tiling projects most definatley...and if an existing expansion joint is in the substrate then it must continue through the tiling installation as well...

Always if in doubt contact the company who's membrane you are using for technical advise..:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Priority is an understatement gaz.....it is one of the biggest causes of tiling failures on larger floors...

Reply to 53 sq m travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen