Search the forum,

Discuss 35m2 ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cass

I have a job to price tonight,35m2 trav half the floor has been layed with boards and ufh being fitted on top the other half of the floor is concreat,my qestion is how much slc do i pour on top of ufh mats the problem being i dont want to effect the heat emissions of mats.

D

david campbell

just enough to cover the wires,you will also need an expansion joint between the 2 substrates:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Just cover the wires so that you protect them, the heat output wont be affected at all.

:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

How much coverage of UFH are you anticipating?
That area may be in 3 mats and different outputs wood/concrete and check the supply for amps on circuit or back to box. IE consult an electrician.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
I have a job to price tonight,35m2 trav half the floor has been layed with boards and ufh being fitted on top the other half of the floor is concreat,my qestion is how much slc do i pour on top of ufh mats the problem being i dont want to effect the heat emissions of mats.

are the boards insulation boards is the concrete part of the floor being tiled as well

P

peckers

As others have said you will need an expansion joint between the two different substrates which is needed to go threw the tiles too, and enough slc to just cover the wires, You will also need two mats for this area one for wooden floor and one for concrete floor (different wattage)also 2x thermostats. are you using a tile backer board to stop the loss of the heating going threw the concrete floor? if so you may need to use one on the wooden floor too, to bring the heights level? :thumbsup:

C

cass

The concreat part of the floor is being tiled as well the guy i am pricing job for is a sparky so he is going to be fitting ufh,am i right in saying that i should cover mats by about 5mm or is that to much and am i better pouring the concreat half first.

P

peckers

you only just need to cover the wires 1-2mm is fine no need to go 5mm. you need to have an expansion joint between the two substrates so you can pour one half first then the other :thumbsup:

C

cass

I have never fitted an expantion joint.so what you are saying is fit joint then pour one half and then the other,do i tile up to an expantion joint or does it sit under the tiles and is there to allow movment between the concreat and the boards,what i am saying is the expantion joint visable.

Reply to 35m2 ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen