Search the forum,

Discuss 1000 posts for Mr Tea Bag in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

cheers guys.... dave what are you saying I should be out there tiling for a living by now? lol

C

charlie1

Here my 2p worth mr t, if you only take the advice on here without actually going out and doing it and learning from your own experiences then tiling will always seem daunting to you... Consider all the different aspects of tiling multiplied by the differences on opinion on how certain things should be done, the point I'm making is, spending too much time on here could actually be harming any chance you have of being a professional tiler because your having an information overload, and who is giving you the info?... You don't really know! How do you qualify the person giving the advice? ... Get out there mate and get some jobs under your belt then you will be in a better position to give some advice yourself! Good luck

M

Mr Tiler

I know mate and tbh it is daunting I mean I try to get as much work as I can but its only friends and family so its few and far between.... I would love to start advertising but am I then making myself into one of the cowboys.... I know theres a few members on here would have a lot to say against me doing it... but theres also tillers on here who did exactly that and am now fully fledged... I hope nobody takes offence to that its just what ive witnessed on the site. thanks charlie

C

charlie1

So your wondering if you should push yourself in to the challenge, well I bet most on here push themselves at some point, I know I do!!!... Do it ash, advertise as a tiler, take on jobs you think you can handle, it will very soon break you if your not up to it but then you will know! Your worried what people on here think... No disrespect to anyone but does anyone on here pay your bills?? Live in the real world mate, get out there like most on here did at one point and get in to it. What's the alternative? You celebrating your 5000th post on TF in 3 years time... Most of it asking questions and getting multiple different answers which confuse you even more... Do it Ash, I sincerely wish you all the best! By all means come on the forum and ask questions but you need to take the advice mixed with a good proportion of your own experience and if your lucky like me, you will actually meet a few gems of guys on here who really do know their stuff.

ps, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the TF.

M

Mr Tiler

good man thank you mate appreciate the positive comments maybe I will I already have my business name and even have my own cards... maybe it is time to put an ad out there

M

Mr Tiler

and before the digs come I know its not just about having a business name and cards lol.

O

Old Mod

So your wondering if you should push yourself in to the challenge, well I bet most on here push themselves at some point, I know I do!!!... Do it ash, advertise as a tiler, take on jobs you think you can handle, it will very soon break you if your not up to it but then you will know! Your worried what people on here think... No disrespect to anyone but does anyone on here pay your bills?? Live in the real world mate, get out there like most on here did at one point and get in to it. What's the alternative? You celebrating your 5000th post on TF in 3 years time... Most of it asking questions and getting multiple different answers which confuse you even more... Do it Ash, I sincerely wish you all the best! By all means come on the forum and ask questions but you need to take the advice mixed with a good proportion of your own experience and if your lucky like me, you will actually meet a few gems of guys on here who really do know their stuff.

ps, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the TF.

well said there Charlie, I push myself every job! My own worst critic, but will never refuse challenge. I just make sure I do my homework before I start, and that's with over 30yrs behind me. The day u get complacent is the day u muck up!
So go for it Ash! If when u get there to quote and u think it's totally beyond u then just tell them u've a 16wk waiting list. Normally does it.
Slow and steady m8.
Good luck!

Reply to 1000 posts for Mr Tea Bag in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen