Search the forum,

Discuss 10 Things Our Forum Needs! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Excuse the title as it is misleading but now you're here why not join in?

We want to know 10 things we could do / have that would make our forum better for you and all the other members.

Please throw some idea's around in this thread and hopefully we'll end up with a list of (or near to) 10 things that we can mull over some more and consider to help improve the experience of us all.

The 'things' can be some feature, perhaps something that could speed up a task you carry out on the forum regularly? Perhaps a 'thing' could be something to help you find something you search for regularly? Perhaps it could be another website or section or page listing or explaining something?

It could be literally ANYTHING.

Please help suggest something, or join in improving on any suggestions we have.

W

wetdec

I would support that to a value of like 20 quid it needs to be something worth winning so people will enter u think

tiler

G

grahil

:huh2::thumbsup:hi all, i'm very much a newbie and havent found my way round all the threads that would be of interest to me,so this suggestion may all ready be in place. would it be possible to have headings that relate to a specific area ie porcelain,travantine,marble,granite etc so all the threads relating to said aspects would all be in one place?

cheers graham

M

madeinwood

How about a 'how to fix it when it goes wrong' thread? :stupid:

Even the long-term experienced professionals can still encounter things they're not ready for, :thumbsup: and it could be really useful to know how to fix it or get round it, possible solutions, things to watch out for etc.

:grouphug:

E

edrandall

Directory of decent Tilers, years of experience and area where you work,
for us Joe-Public DIY-wannabe non-tilers who came here looking a clue
and realised we would be a lot better off paying the money and getting
somebody in who knows what they are doing!

The members list doesn't really cut it as it's 101 pages long and
not arranged by location, so it's tedious searching for you there.

Regards

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Regards

Ed
There are links on the site for "Trusted Tradesmen" and "find a tiler" if that is any help (scroll down the page and the links are towards the bottom right underneath the sponsors banner) but your comments will be taken on board.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
:huh2::thumbsup:hi all, i'm very much a newbie and havent found my way round all the threads that would be of interest to me,so this suggestion may all ready be in place. would it be possible to have headings that relate to a specific area ie porcelain,travantine,marble,granite etc so all the threads relating to said aspects would all be in one place?

cheers graham

Keeping it easy we just call it the Tiling Forum and have all posts in there related to all Tile. Then tools has it's own forum, and adhesive grout and preparation has it's own forum, and so on. We did categorize the forums like you suggested when we first started out and it was confusing. We've evolved a few times to what we have now and I think it works ok. Though if you guys think it's better another way then please discuss it a bit more and suggest what would better suit the categories.

How about a 'how to fix it when it goes wrong' thread? :stupid:

Even the long-term experienced professionals can still encounter things they're not ready for, :thumbsup: and it could be really useful to know how to fix it or get round it, possible solutions, things to watch out for etc.

:grouphug:

There's a 'new tilers support' thread for the newer ones to find an easy topic to ask for support - but we class the whole forum as a support forum for the tile industry. So if you have a thing that's gone wrong and you need to find a fix then post it in the forum category most suited to your topic title and it'll get many responses I assure you. :)

Regards

Ed

www.FindTrustedTradesmen.co.uk is our tradesmen database. It's free to join and use for personal use. It's the highest ranking website of it's kind ranking currently for even 'find a tiler' in Google, let alone 'find a tiler in durham' and other locations. If you're looking for a tiler it has a rating system and the option to add reviews, so you should find comments from previous customers, and lots of photo's of tilers's work in their listing.

Many tilers's use it and website like it to get business from - never pay for any scheme that CLAIMS to get you business though! Too many have be stung for monthly fee's or even a one off subscription and have seen no return on their business.

As a cusotmer using the datasbase. Always checkout the tilers yourself, get three quotes and list the pro's and con's of each tiler and work out for yourself what is best suited for your job.

You do get what you pay for so don't go for the cheapest quote - but don't get ripped off (if the high quote is high but is offering much more then fair enough, if it's just the high quote and you have no reason explained why it's high then don't go for that one perhaps).

Most good tiler's are known in their area's now. Some are on here I'm glad to say. So as a customer looking for a tiler you could get some names and ask the lads on here to see if they know anything about them. We have tile shops and suppliers on here supplying to the trade and they hear about all the bad / good tilers.

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING

(if your post is missing from here, check the Access Only forum that you have access to and you'll find it in there).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How about updates on British Standards?

There's aren't that many updates to the tiling standards to be honest mate. I think TTA are about to put forward some suggestions relating to stone or something but other than that there are the BS books you can buy related to tiling but they're not cheap.

Generally if you have a job on that's new to you then you can always ask on here as we have Adhesive, Tile suppliers manufacturers at the ready to provide advice and they will be working to BS (or above in most cases).

N

naasmx5

would it be possible to list brands of tiles that are easy or dificult to cut and work with? and the same with cements?

Reply to 10 Things Our Forum Needs! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen