Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss your thoughts in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well been thinking i should put this to the tta .indepent tile fixers should carry a tta id card with photo .witch they can use at any tta outlet to get max discount without an account .this way when your working out side your normal area and need to pick up a few bags of adhesive ect .this should save you time and money

P

Protilers

not to mention that the "id" will be tied to an individual......(meaning everyone will need to join in a team!) preferably with a photo.........that way, there will be no way a "single" member could join and 20 people could use his/her card!!!!!!!

just a thought!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
well been thinking i should put this to the tta .indepent tile fixers should carry a tta id card with photo .witch they can use at any tta outlet to get max discount without an account .this way when your working out side your normal area and need to pick up a few bags of adhesive ect .this should save you time and money

Good luck if you can make it fly but it sounds a bit of a difficult one... How can the TTA dictate independent outlet profit and discounts. If they are members of the TTA they join to boost business and margins not to knock them down...

R

well the retailer needs to be protected from abuse to .if you just a card with your number on buisness card you could give this to your client next thing you now hes in a shop claiming your discount

P

Protilers

Good luck if you can make it fly but it sounds a bit of a difficult one... How can the TTA dictate independent outlet profit and discounts. If they are members of the TTA they join to boost business and margins not to knock them down...

IMO...it should me more of a moral duty between members........afterall.......there are not that many TTA fixers in the UK!...so I doubt it will upset margins.....but it will give the scheme the credibilty it deserves and will also make people want to join...........myself included!..........

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMO...it should me more of a moral duty between members........afterall.......there are not that many TTA fixers in the UK!...so I doubt it will upset margins.....but it will give the scheme the credibilty it deserves and will also make people want to join...........myself included!..........

Fair point well made....

P

Protilers

oh and I am also sure "registered members" will be more than willing to pay.........lets say £5...per ID card per employee?.......as they are at cost?.........after postage?......just a thought?

R

well the thinking behind this is you would look for your nearest tta out let .this is business you might not have got and you get to meet a new tiler who would use you again when down your way plus tell others

P

Protilers

Fair point well made....

thank you Alan.........but TBH......we all have a few ideas popping about......and they all have merit IMO.....Ray, Gary and I (I am NOT a member YET!).......But ,Personally I want the TTA to strive.......
and be profitable........and the ID card system will make (a small) profit and encourage people to join.......just my opinion......

P

Protilers

Personally, I want to be part of the "solution"........and not part of the "problem".......at the end of the day, people who are spending time on this site are obsessed by tiling and I am sure all will do a great job!.......
(the real tilers that is!)
but there ARE people who come onto this and other forums............they read this stuff, and go forth and they also MULTIPLY......think about it........
the only real protection we have is a registered body...........and at this moment in time.....IMO.......the TTA is all we have.......might not be great for the fixer (at the mo') BUT.........
IT COULD BE.........

all the best and nite nite

Lee

R

ID Cards ?

No thanks :0)

I'll just make sure I have enough gear before I go .

Diggy :0)
we carry id all the time visa cards driving linces cs cards and so on whats wrong with a card that tells the client and the retailor you are the real deal

P

Protilers

I like the idea
Personally I think it has legs!.....and everybody wins......the TTA, the independent fixer, and the tiling contractor......not to mention that the TTA registered business that sell addy etc......
will meet a new (potentially) profitable customer!!!!!......at the sacrifice of a discount they will give thier regular guys anyhow?.......think about it!

all the best

Lee

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I can see both sides of this debate, a registered body could be a good thing, but a lot of the time they don't always achieve what people think imo. What would be the criteria for getting a card? How much to join? Also there are a lot of guys on here without a formal qualification for tiling but it doesn't make them bad tilers, would they be allowed a card?

Reply to your thoughts in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks