Search the forum,

Discuss Yellow pages free listing vs paying box adverts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

Ok, im on the free listing in Yellow pages online and do get some calls from it.

Had the sales guy call me today to get me to take out an ad in the up n coming book due end of Feb, standard box advert works out roughly £225 inc vat.

Was wondering if many have had the free listing, then gone for a box advert too and noticed much increase in calls from the yellow pages, compared to just having the small free listing.

I know the free listing is only the small one liner with name n number, and a box advert is far more noticable, and most probably would pay for it's self after one decent job from it, but do many of you get a box advert in the yello pages ?

Reaction score
if you are considering taking it out..hang on til it's ready to go to press, you'll get the ad for half that price...Mark.

F

Fekin

Sounds logical, but I was told orders close at the end of this month, but obviously that could well be just bull to get you signed up early.

Reaction score
i advertised a few years for another business, i got plagued with calls..i kept sayin no or ring me back nearer the time..eventually i got a price of less than what they were after initially...they just want to fill the book.

P

penno

Exacly the same happened to me a few weeks back. To get your name in the yellow pages is totally free but to have it boxed you pay for it. Told the Yellow pages i wasn't interested in a paid for add and would just be happy with my free listing, then went from the nice bloke i had spoken to a few times to "ok no problem, however we cannot ensure you will get a free listing in the yellow pages as people who pay will have priority". New Yellow pages released in my area 2 weeks ago and what a shock i am not listed in it, all because some idiot sat there on his phone and didn't make a sale so thought it his right to exclude me.

R

ryanbrown

It would depend to some degree on how many other people in your area in yellow pages also have a box advert.

If there are already 16 other box adverts for tilers (like there is my area) you might stand out by just having a free line entry.

If you make your business name your web address - you can promote your website for free and direct people to much more info than you could have in an expensive advert.

My free entry name is accenttiling.co.uk then my address and number.
----
p.s A lot of time when people use yellow pages - they dont care if you have a box advert or not - they are more interested in whether you are the most local person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Yellow pages free listing vs paying box adverts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen