Search the forum,

Discuss Who are you voting for? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry to have to ask this, well, I suppose I don't have to ask this but I thought I'd get a bit of a feel on how the average tiler feels about who they would like to win the next general election.

I've not made the votes public and even us staff can't see that info, we only see the results like you do, so feel free to stay anonymous if you want to but not replying per se.

C

Colour Republic

no Robert, I'm merely implying that the current Labour government do not have any balls. if you are of the opinion that they are inferior, then that is your choice.

does anybody remember Margaret Thatcher being in power? She was without anatomical balls, but didn't stop her from showing the men how to run the country.

I think it's time for another female PM :8:

Now you're just being stupid! A northerner having respect for Maggie? In Stoke of all places?

If I had my way I'd have Maggie all day long over Cameron, how lightweight does he look next to her. With that said I believe he will follow in her footsteps and start with a massive cull in pen pushing civil workers

D

Deleted member 9966

Now you're just being stupid! A northerner having respect for Maggie? In Stoke of all places?

If I had my way I'd have Maggie all day long over Cameron, how lightweight does he look next to her. With that said I believe he will follow in her footsteps and start with a massive cull in pen pushing civil workers

just cos I was born and educated in Stoke-on-Trent doesn't mean I'm stupid.

A

albyshellshear

no Robert, I'm merely implying that the current Labour government do not have any balls. if you are of the opinion that they are inferior, then that is your choice.

does anybody remember Margaret Thatcher being in power? She was without anatomical balls, but didn't stop her from showing the men how to run the country.

I think it's time for another female PM :8:
I am not too sure margaret thatcher was a woman or a man lol

A

Aston

my wife is one of those pen pushers rob, she works for the immigration dept. damn hard worker and intelligent women....her position is already under threat with the possibility of redundancy, so maybe you'll get your wish and she'll be part of that generalisation cull you speak so highly about....

C

Colour Republic

my wife is one of those pen pushers rob, she works for the immigration dept. damn hard worker and intelligent women....her position is already under threat with the possibility of redundancy, so maybe you'll get your wish and she'll be part of that generalisation cull you speak so highly about....

Does she do a worthwhile job? i.e. does she bring value to the business??? if so then she isn't a pen pusher.

But i'm glad you brought it up, my other half works for a child trust investment fund, in fact the biggest provider of child trust funds in the UK. Now if Conservatives get in they have said they will abolish the £250 gift they give to every child born in the UK, this now maks up 70% of my other halfs business, Is her job under threat? yes! did I (and her might I add) vote conservative... YES!

A

Aston

you made a sweeping generalisation statement rob.
my wife has a box 7, she is judged on stats, how many cases she completes..shes extremely productive. if in your words, that doesnt make her a pen pusher ? then i suppose she's ok under your regime??.....

what you have got to remember is britain is not just a business, its about its people too and not everybody is deemed useless if they are not hitting the economic heights.

C

Colour Republic

...With that said I believe he will follow in her footsteps and start with a massive cull in pen pushing civil workers

you made a sweeping generalisation statement rob.
my wife has a box 7, she is judged on stats, how many cases she completes..shes extremely productive. if in your words, that doesnt make her a pen pusher ? then i suppose she's ok under your regime??.....

what you have got to remember is britain is not just a business, its about its people too and not everybody is deemed useless if they are not hitting the economic heights.

...With that said I believe he will follow in her footsteps and start with a massive cull in pen pushing civil workers

Having re-read my statement I concede it may read as though I was saying every civil worker is a pen pusher, it wasn't meant to be. :oops:
I'm not up for cutting public services such as police, education, immigration (which under anything other than Labour I would have thought is a safe job) and what not but I do not need someone to tell me my bin in overloaded, I do not need someone to tell me I can't have a BBQ on the beach which is 100 yards from my home (this is a job in Brighton) If fact it is in the police remit to tell people not to cycle on Brighton promenade!!! Surely the money spent on that could be better spent???
I'm not questioning how hard she works, in fact that has no bearing, some people do very little but still improve the lives of others, if her job as a civil servant benefits the nation as a whole, or the locals, then I’m very grateful indeed! if she occupies a job that was dreamt up just to reduce the unemployment figures then I’m afraid I won't support it

S

Spud

dont let the emotive issue that is politics cause any bad feeling on the forum every one is entitled to their opinion,whoever runs this country is going to cut jobs and spending and shrink the size of the civil service, health service and education budgets and put up taxes as we urgently need to pay our debts and start living within our means, why wasnt any money put by for a rainy day ,this is simple ecconomics ,when times are good save a little , we had Gordon brown as a poor chancellor squandering every last penny and selling off our gold stocks too ,now we are borrowing 146 billion poundsthis year alone , carry on like this and we will all be losing our homes and livelihoods as the whole country will be bankrupt ,inflation will be at an all time high as we will have to print more money and we will end up like a bananna republic with any decent companies bought out by foreign firms, talk about stability more like talk about burying our heads in the sand and pretending that the sunami of debt we are facing isnt there

A

Aston

1. with ref: to your first paragraph, then glad your agree about your generalisation and yes it did come across that way and that was why i replied.

2. she interigates asylum seekers who have a history of associated terrorism. she does her best with the powers and info at hand to stop people entering this country and claiming citizenship who may try and use their influences to set up terrorist acts and against british people...

i cant and wont add anymore on this because this thread is about the whole forum and not us, it would become boring if it continued and any points i have wanted to make, have been made clearly and concisely :thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

1. with ref: to your first paragraph, then glad your agree about your generalisation and yes it did come across that way and that was why i replied.

2. she interigates asylum seekers who have a history of associated terrorism. she does her best with the powers and info at hand to stop people entering this country and claiming citizenship who may try and use their influences to set up terrorist acts and against british people...

i cant and wont add anymore on this because this thread is about the whole forum and not us, it would become boring if it continued and any points i have wanted to make, have been made clearly and concisely :thumbsup:

Well said Ed.

Religion, politics, subjects that have and will always cause problems.

:prrr:

Reply to Who are you voting for? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.