Currently reading:
Where to start first row?

Discuss Where to start first row? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

So probably a basic question but this is my first attempt at tiling and want to get it absolutely right.

If I start with a full tile from the upstands, there are several sockets which would be in the way of the 2nd row.

Would it be better to reduce the height of the 1st row to less than a full tile so that the cuts around the socket don't look too small or would I be able to get away with cutting the 2nd row to fit around the socket without the uncut bit being too narrow or weak?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 1716562231809.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 26
  • 1716562231773.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Where to start first row? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement