• Thread starter azracadazra
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 3K
Search the forum,

Discuss Welbeck Roses in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

azracadazra

Hi ..please help..
I'm thinking of buying 1.2 meter sq welbeck tiles -rose panel. over a grand so don't want to make a mistake can anybody help me with the following questions.
1. I don't want them to be grouted as I like the traditional look-its behind the hob ..202 x 44 cms will this matter? I like the uneven look..
2. I know this is stupid but can I tile them so they can be removed if I don't like them? as in just put a dab of tile adhesive on the back ?
3. Has anyone worked with them and are they as good as they look ... because I am ordering off the web I cant be 100% convinced .. will the gold tiles be ok behind a hob ?

I would massively appreciate an experts advice !!!

Reaction score
Morning,

1) They do need to be grouted and have a grout gap. I would talk to the tiler about creating this uneven look that you want, should still be possible even with a grout gap?
2) I'd try to decide whether you like them before there put them up properly. As, put up properly or not, there still likely to be trashed if required to be taken down. Also, if you put them up bodge style, then decide you like them, your stuck with a bodge.
3) Should be fine behind a hob doesn't normally get to hot there in most situations.

Hope this helps.

A

azracadazra

Morning,

1) They do need to be grouted and have a grout gap. I would talk to the tiler about creating this uneven look that you want, should still be possible even with a grout gap?
2) I'd try to decide whether you like them before there put them up properly. As, put up properly or not, there still likely to be trashed if required to be taken down. Also, if you put them up bodge style, then decide you like them, your stuck with a bodge.
3) Should be fine behind a hob doesn't normally get to hot there in most situations.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your advice ...!!

Reply to Welbeck Roses in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen