Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss WC Pan Screws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

faithhealer

For years I've begrudged paying £5/6 quid for the 'Fisher' pan screws just for the privilege of a couple of plastic collars and caps. Guess who similar for £1.12 Good old B&Q

If you lot have paid that price for years don't tell me lol

G

Gazzer

If B&Q sell them, then i would imagine Screwfix would too. Probably in bulk but at more savings :thumbsup:

B

brian c

which ones is it that have the big stupid massive cone shaped covers?white in colour.

I use plumbline for my pan screws etc..must admit that when they have caps on it looks way better.:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

If B&Q sell them, then i would imagine Screwfix would too. Probably in bulk but at more savings :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure. Screwfix have been getting more and more expensive since The Kingfisher Group bought them out.

I used to use screwfix on a daily basis when they were an independant as I knew that most of the prices were the best I could get. Kingfisher bought them out and I continued to use them but after a few years I started looking at the prices again in more detail and found I had been paying well over the odds for some basics.

Don't get me wrong they do have the odd good deal but a lot of their marketing is misleading... like the dewalt drills 'Save £200 on this drill now only £99' what they hope most people won't notice is that you get an 18v 1.3ah battery not the 18v 3ah battery

Screwfix are targeting the general public nowadays, I mean have you been into one of their 'trade counters'! only 10% of the people in there are trade, I can't spend all day in their while weekend diyers spend 20mins asking the 16 year old lad behind the counter if they...

Sorry i'm ranting so much i've forgotten what my point was, what is this thread about agaain????

W

White Room

I'm not so sure. Screwfix have been getting more and more expensive since The Kingfisher Group bought them out.

I used to use screwfix on a daily basis when they were an independant as I knew that most of the prices were the best I could get. Kingfisher bought them out and I continued to use them but after a few years I started looking at the prices again in more detail and found I had been paying well over the odds for some basics.

Don't get me wrong they do have the odd good deal but a lot of their marketing is misleading... like the dewalt drills 'Save £200 on this drill now only £99' what they hope most people won't notice is that you get an 18v 1.3ah battery not the 18v 3ah battery

Screwfix are targeting the general public nowadays, I mean have you been into one of their 'trade counters'! only 10% of the people in there are trade, I can't spend all day in their while weekend diyers spend 20mins asking the 16 year old lad behind the counter if they...

Sorry i'm ranting so much i've forgotten what my point was, what is this thread about agaain????

I do and it's not such a bargain:thumbsup:

M

MRW

For years I've begrudged paying £5/6 quid for the 'Fisher' pan screws just for the privilege of a couple of plastic collars and caps. Guess who similar for £1.12 Good old B&Q

If you lot have paid that price for years don't tell me lol

Faithhealer, are these pan screws listed in B&Q as Pan Screws or did you find the screws, caps and inserts separately? I went in B&Q today to see if I could find any at this price and B&Q's own brand were £3.80 and £5.15 Fischer £5.20, asked the assistant who knew what I was after and took me straight to the ones mentioned; but he had no knowledge of any at £1.12. If I can find them will buy a few sets. More info if possible thanks

Mick

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to fix the loo with silicone and then silicone just the cap of one one those screews into the holes where screws should go and tell the customer leave it a few hours before they use the loo else it'll move a bit (I laugh now imagining them stooping over the loo trying not to move it for days - which might just be imaginary but I like to think they're daft sometimes :p )

My old man runs a window fitting firm and I used to get a bag of 250 screw caps for about a fiver off him. They're a bit like the ones you'd use on flat-pack stuff, so they have a cross in the back of them which normally would clip into a screw head.

Looks smart, doesn't wobble, no need for drilling and more importantly save a bit of time at the end of the job when you want to get off.

M

MRW

I used to fix the loo with silicone and then silicone just the cap of one one those screews into the holes where screws should go and tell the customer leave it a few hours before they use the loo else it'll move a bit (I laugh now imagining them stooping over the loo trying not to move it for days - which might just be imaginary but I like to think they're daft sometimes :p )

My old man runs a window fitting firm and I used to get a bag of 250 screw caps for about a fiver off him. They're a bit like the ones you'd use on flat-pack stuff, so they have a cross in the back of them which normally would clip into a screw head.

Looks smart, doesn't wobble, no need for drilling and more importantly save a bit of time at the end of the job when you want to get off.

Must have been one of your pans I got called out to last week on a Friday night:lol: it was skidding all over the tiled floor without any screws in it:thumbsdown:
Seriously though Dan the thing with the Fischer or similar screw kits is the plastic insert which stops chipping of the pan, I can get the covers and the screws just not the inserts. But if Faithhealer can get them at £1.12 with the inserts it would make life a lot easier not to say cheaper on jobs Customers do not believe that a couple of brass screws and bits of plastic are over 5 quid (plus commision:lol:)

D

DHTiling

I went into B&Q the other night (monday)..and i couldn't find them either...cost me £3 odd...

F

faithhealer

I went into B&Q the other night (monday)..and i couldn't find them either...cost me £3 odd...
I stocked up on them when I saw them, (the last three packets anyway) will check the make out tomorrow

D

DHTiling

I stocked up on them when I saw them, (the last three packets anyway) will check the make out tomorrow

Thats why i couldn't get any then...you got them...lol lol..managed now anyway...had to put new bog in on monday after mine bust..:oops:

Reply to WC Pan Screws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks