Search the forum,

Discuss waterproof panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fastcam

My oldies had got their kitchen and batroom replaced under south lanarkshire councils Home happening.In the bathroom instead of tiling the council put up waterproof panels that looks like the inside of a caravan.My question is would i be able to tile over the top of it as they hate it.It is stuck fast to the wall and im sure if i pull it off the plaster will come off as well.The house has solid walls.I recently replaced their skirtings,which resulted in parts of the plaster breaking off the wall as it was very crumbly.

G

GazTech

My oldies had got their kitchen and batroom replaced under south lanarkshire councils Home happening.In the bathroom instead of tiling the council put up waterproof panels that looks like the inside of a caravan.My question is would i be able to tile over the top of it as they hate it.It is stuck fast to the wall and im sure if i pull it off the plaster will come off as well.The house has solid walls.I recently replaced their skirtings,which resulted in parts of the plaster breaking off the wall as it was very crumbly.
Tiling onto this panel is fraught with danger, I personally would remove smallest section and survey the substrate, and then act appropriately. We will help you out with any earth shattering tasks you may have to undertake....Gaz :yes:

D

DHTiling

I agree with gaz...deffo remove and then see what you are up against..we will help you put it right.....

Reply to waterproof panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen